$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 70.43

4,878 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
30.7% of Goal | 28 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

Mechs vs. Minions» Forums » General

Subject: What the? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robyn Z
United States
Worcester
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
What the? Heck did this game come from?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Barrett
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
shallowz wrote:
What the? Heck did this game come from?


I don't know but the level of butt hurt in the youtube comments is going to hit critical mass soon.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shallowz wrote:
What the? Heck did this game come from?
NDA Tom was hinting last week about a game they couldn't talk about.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Lopuszanski
United States
North Wales
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
So hear me roar! RAWR!
badge
Her Serenity, The Lady of Pain.
mbmbmbmbmb
ras2124 wrote:
shallowz wrote:
What the? Heck did this game come from?
NDA Tom was hinting last week about a game they couldn't talk about.


It has actually been in development on and off again for 3 years. Tom has been under NDA for quite a while. I heard through my rumor mill they were working on a board/card game a few years ago, but didn't know much more than that as everyone there is super hush hush (it is the video game industry after all). Looks interesting and I'm glad they didn't go with the "simulate LoL but in a board game" thing that would have not really worked well.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Marcil
Canada
Leduc
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it just me?

This game appears to be a super suped up production quality, re-themed, cooperative, legacy-ish version of Robo Rally.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bort
Australia
Brisbane
Qld
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
xanofere wrote:
Is it just me?

This game appears to be a super suped up production quality, re-themed, cooperative, legacy-ish version of Robo Rally.


And?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
xanofere wrote:
Is it just me?

This game appears to be a super suped up production quality, re-themed, cooperative, legacy-ish version of Robo Rally.
I don't see anything legacy. Legacy implies something permanent and lasting.

Just because there are some some secret elements doesn't make it legacy. It is just like every other scenario game that suggests not reading stuff in advance or are we calling Betrayal at House on the Hill legacy now?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Marcil
Canada
Leduc
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bortmonkey wrote:
xanofere wrote:
Is it just me?

This game appears to be a super suped up production quality, re-themed, cooperative, legacy-ish version of Robo Rally.


And?


My initial reaction to it was that at its core M&M is a Robo Rally knock off, albeit a more current version with a few new elements. It has me intrigued.

Also, I was just thinking that not long ago Richard Garfield was testing the waters in BGG to find the level of interested in a new version of Robo Rally. I missed out on the previous Robo Rally expansions, so I have been interested in a Robo Rally revival.

However, the more information regarding M&M that I am learning, the more I am finding that it is more appealing to me over Robo Rally to the extent that I may no longer desire a Robo Rally rival. M&M may also speak to others who also felt the same about a new version of Robo Rally.


ras2124 wrote:
I don't see anything legacy. Legacy implies something permanent and lasting.

Just because there are some some secret elements doesn't make it legacy. It is just like every other scenario game that suggests not reading stuff in advance or are we calling Betrayal at House on the Hill legacy now?


With the new scenario packs there are also new cards to be introduced to the game presenting additional options available for subsequent play. In my books this gives cause to call this at least legacy-ish.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bort
Australia
Brisbane
Qld
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
xanofere wrote:
bortmonkey wrote:
xanofere wrote:
Is it just me?

This game appears to be a super suped up production quality, re-themed, cooperative, legacy-ish version of Robo Rally.


And?


My initial reaction to it was that at its core M&M is a Robo Rally knock off, albeit a more current version with a few new elements. It has me intrigued.


Sorry, I guess I read your post as a negative thing, which it wasnt blush
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Marcil
Canada
Leduc
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bortmonkey wrote:
xanofere wrote:
bortmonkey wrote:
xanofere wrote:
Is it just me?

This game appears to be a super suped up production quality, re-themed, cooperative, legacy-ish version of Robo Rally.


And?


My initial reaction to it was that at its core M&M is a Robo Rally knock off, albeit a more current version with a few new elements. It has me intrigued.


Sorry, I guess I read your post as a negative thing, which it wasnt blush

No worries. My post could have used some additional punch like "I am stoked!".
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mad Halfling
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ras2124 wrote:
xanofere wrote:
Is it just me?

This game appears to be a super suped up production quality, re-themed, cooperative, legacy-ish version of Robo Rally.
I don't see anything legacy. Legacy implies something permanent and lasting.

Just because there are some some secret elements doesn't make it legacy. It is just like every other scenario game that suggests not reading stuff in advance or are we calling Betrayal at House on the Hill legacy now?


It doesn't seem to be legacy, just mission based - the missions are just in envelopes, I think. I think people are confusing "opening things" with "legacy" - which it isn't
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
xanofere wrote:
ras2124 wrote:
I don't see anything legacy. Legacy implies something permanent and lasting.

Just because there are some some secret elements doesn't make it legacy. It is just like every other scenario game that suggests not reading stuff in advance or are we calling Betrayal at House on the Hill legacy now?


With the new scenario packs there are also new cards to be introduced to the game presenting additional options available for subsequent play. In my books this gives cause to call this at least legacy-ish.
Adding new elements over scenarios is not legacy and is not new. People throw around "legacy" a lot these days and act like it is some huge trend taking over gaming without realizing that a lot of what they are calling "legacy" is stuff that has pretty much always been there. They just want to attach the term to anything they can.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.