$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 91.61

5,945 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
37.5% of Goal | 26 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Pandemic: Reign of Cthulhu» Forums » Rules

Subject: Bus movement rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Conlon
Australia
Berowra
NSW
flag msg tools
mb
How does bus movement actually work? Is it like teleportation; or does the bus actually take a route? If it takes a route, what happens if the bus passes through a Shoggoth-filled location? If Shoggoth's do have an effect on bus movement, can the bus take any route of that player's choosing (e.g. the long way around to avoid a Shoggoth), or must it take the shortest route (e.g. potentially passing through a Shoggoth location) - albeit where multiple routes are equally shorter then presumably the player can decide?

I assume that gate movement is teleportation.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
www.Meetup.com/ArizonaGames
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Regardless of how this is officially answered (I'm assuming that no, you don't have run ins with Shoggoths when you travel via bus), it's actually a very good question.

Maybe the bus has special shield around it that makes it imperious to Shoggoths. Or it travels to fast that the slow moving Shoggoths don't have time to attack.

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jasonconlon wrote:
How does bus movement actually work? Is it like teleportation; or does the bus actually take a route? If it takes a route, what happens if the bus passes through a Shoggoth-filled location? If Shoggoth's do have an effect on bus movement, can the bus take any route of that player's choosing (e.g. the long way around to avoid a Shoggoth), or must it take the shortest route (e.g. potentially passing through a Shoggoth location) - albeit where multiple routes are equally shorter then presumably the player can decide?

I assume that gate movement is teleportation.


Mechanically bus movement is uninterrupted, you do not encounter Shoggoth figures during bus movement. You move from bus station to bus station instantly. Not super thematic, but mechanically simple.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Yager
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
James is correct in his explanation. I like to imagine that Shoggoth are too focused on the pedestrians to notice the cars (or in this case buses) moving by them.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kaatmal wrote:
James is correct in his explanation. I like to imagine that Shoggoth are too focused on the pedestrians to notice the cars (or in this case buses) moving by them.


Thanks Chuck, great rendition on the engine by the by, really enjoying it!

Also I think it's starting to become my favorite thing in the world to hear a game's designer say "James is correct"!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Conlon
Australia
Berowra
NSW
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for the quick response.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bartosz B
Poland
flag msg tools
Chuck and how about rule for moving from bus station to any field? Would it be more accurate to allow moving only from one bus station to another?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan (NE2)
msg tools
Bartoos wrote:
Chuck and how about rule for moving from bus station to any field? Would it be more accurate to allow moving only from one bus station to another?

You're asking the bus driver to drop you off along the route. He's not willing to pick up anyone who hasn't gone through security at the bus station, however.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.