6 Posts

Mythos Tales» Forums » General

Subject: Third Case spoilers/question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Slathe
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Turn back now if you haven't finished the third case.

I'm curious if there is any reason for preferring the theater guests you visit. I couldn't see a pattern with the names, and the fact that there were a lot more than you needed to complete the mystery became a big time sink for us.

This was especially true when you consider the kind of long chain to find the words from Fiske. We didn't see a reason to prefer the proper cafe (there are two off main street).

We felt like we were cruising along fine until this point in the case, and then just unluckily chose wrong at every opportunity when there was no reason to prefer a choice, wasting a ton of time. Did we miss some integral information related to the patrons you should visit or the fastest way to find Leon Curtis?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BT Carpenter
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
How are you already on the third case?

Also, if you want to hide text, please use the spoilers tag:

{o} Stuff {/o} Only use square brackets instead of {}

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slathe
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:
How are you already on the third case?

I got the game three days ago, and did one per day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Maxwell
msg tools
Spoiler (click to reveal)
The 1st and 3rd are found dead, but the 3rd person is four seats down. Given process of elimination you know one of them dosent need to be visited. Some others will say their friend didn't make it, etc. etc. so you don't have to visit them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
It's a fearful thing, to fall into the Hands of the Living God!
badge
Tell me, have you found the Yellow Sign?
mbmbmbmbmb
No there isn't. There is no information at all to distinguish important from unimportant leads, other than information provided in other leads. It is guesswork and can cost you a lot, and I mean A LOT, of time.

Which is why we found this case to be very frustrating.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Odyzeus Longbow
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We had a similar feeling although
In retrospect, the police and hospital could have saved us some time, pointing out the top interesting ones.

On a side note, I have no idea how to find Mr Rich as I can't find him in the directory at all

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.