Subject: Question on first daughter card bid rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kalain
United States
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi just picked this up. It's exploding my brain, but I am enjoying it! So on the first turn, you bid for a daughter...got it! BUT, if your hand limit is determined by your number of mature elders it seems as if no one can take that card into their tableau because you don't have any mature elders just an immature fire starter, so is there even a point in bidding on that first daughter card? Is it just used to resolve the events?

Thanks, the text in the rules is small and my eyes are old. I'm really trying I promise

Thanks,

Tim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your hand limit has nothing to do with cards in your tableau. Daughters go straight to your tableau, never entering your hand.

Your hand limit is important for innovations and domesticated animals, since those go into your hand first and get played into your tableau from there.

Good luck in those first couple of games! I found it immensely helpful to play a couple of games solo to see how it all works and have time to re-read the rules without having others wait on me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Watkins
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ze_German_Guy wrote:
Your hand limit is important for innovations and domesticated animals, since those go into your hand first and get played into your tableau from there.

You will forget this for your first couple of games, get to near the end and realize that you've lost all your elders several times, but still have the Horse card you got from a lucky roll on your first hunt. Generally, you can't keep elders around long enough to build up a hand until you have some mature daughters. So expect that your hand will only be in play in the mid-to-late game. But yeah, only cards you gain during the hunt go into your hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kalain
United States
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the helpful responses

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.