33.4% of Goal | 27 Days Left

Support:

Alexandre Dupuis
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DARK LEGION PLEDGE: What you need to know!

When you sign for the Dark Legion Pledge, you get everything that's on the unlocking track EVEN IF IT'S STILL LOCKED!

This means by the end of the campaign the Dark Legion will get a lot of stuff.

What you get as of 19 sept 2016:

-Base game

-25 extra cards

-Brotherhood expansion which add additionnal rules to the game, 19 new miniatures 4 new tiles and a slew of other stuff

-2 designer packs each with 3 bonus missions, extra cards and an additionnal tile for the game.

-6 extra heroes of which only 2 have been unlocked presently but that you're guaranteed to get anyway.

-2 double sized, double sided tiles add-on for the game with their own scenarios, cards and missions.

-Citadel walls (Cardboard insert for the game with awesome graphics!)

-Free Chibi miniature with matching rules for Dungeon Explorer

As of sept 20th:

-Each faction will get an extra hero

The pledge is already passed it's tipping point as you get a lot more for your money! I'm guessing that the deal will get even better as time goes on.

Also, the shipping has received additional reduction so you get to spend more on the game :P

I've participated to Modiphius' KS for the RPG of Mutant Chronicles. This one is similar in nature in the way it works. In the RPG KS they had the PDF Master pledge that got you all books unlocked during the campaign. It was pricey but I ended up with great value as successive SG got unlocked.
I ended up with the whole collection in PDF!

I think the pledge is formatted this way by Modiphius to entice pledger to partake actively in promoting the project. The more people talk about it, the more hype they're bound to get on their KS.

In a way it forces pledgers into ambassador roles for the project if they want to receive additional goodies. It's a bit like saying: "Ok, I'm willing to give you more stuff for a great price but you'll need to give me a hand in promoting it to a larger group."

In a marketing standpoint, this makes perfect sense. It'll give them an idea of who much interest the general gaming community have to the project thus letting them know at the same time a general estimate of how well the product could sell in the market post-KS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Oborn
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Grizzz wrote:

When you sign for the Dark Legion Pledge, you get everything that's on the unlocking track EVEN IF IT'S STILL LOCKED!

-Base game

-25 extra cards

-Brotherhood expansion which add additionnal rules to the game, 19 new miniatures 4 new tiles and a slew of other stuff, The expansion allows up to six players.

-2 designer packs each with 3 bonus missions, extra cards and an additionnal tile for the game.

-2 extra heroes

-Citadel walls (Cardboard insert for the game with awesome graphics!

The pledge is already passed it's tipping point as you get a lot more for your money!

Also, the shipping has received additionnal reduction so you get to spend more on the game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Luciano
msg tools
mb
And here is the content of the Brotherhood expansion :

Quote:
* The Brotherhood faction is added to the game including a 6th player board (and rules to expand the game to 6 players) with Nikodemus & Crenshaw as your heroes.
* 2 x coloured bases and matching begs for the Player Board
* Set of Character Cards, Brotherhood Faction Power and Rank Cards
* 1 x Nepharite Valpurgius to lead the Dark Legion forces
* 1 x Praetorian Behemoth to smash the heroes!
* 1 x Harbinger of the Void to deliver punishing attacks at range
* 2 x Brass Apocalypts
* 2 x Curators who will assist in the corruption of the heroes!
* 4 x Callistonian Intruders
* 6 x Algeroth Malignants
* To this we're adding another 2 sheets of counters including new traps, portals and defences for the Cathedral and assorted markers
* 4 x Double-sided Tiles (that's 8 locations - with more to be unlocked)
* Extra Cards for the existing decks - Equipment, Secondary Missions, Force Cards, Event Card, Doomtrooper Card (how many TBC).
* New card decks to be revealed (based on requirements for the various new rules - to be revealed soon)
* 1 x Rulebook introducing new rules for the Dark Symmetry, the power of the Brotherhood Arts and the Legion's Dark Gifts, adding a 6th player and more.
* 1 x Mission Book giving you another 10 part campaign following the events around an embattled Brotherhood Cathedral which is overrun during a counter-attack and must then be retaken.

And that's not all :

Quote:
And more! Yes we plan to pack this box full with more minis, more tiles and cards still to make it great value! Here's the content graphic that's slowly going to get filled out over the next couple of weeks as the sculpts are added in, along with other components.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Procopio
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
Am I the only one underwhelmed by this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Jefferies
United States
Oconomowoc
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
My name is Oobydoob Scooby-dooby Banooby. I have the silliest name in the galaxy
mbmbmbmbmb
jvincentp wrote:

Nope! Me too. I have the original...and I've painted all the minis...and there's nothing here that even remotely entices me to part with $150. I'll stick with the one I have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Grizzz wrote:

-Base game

-25 extra cards

-Brotherhood expansion which add additionnal rules to the game, 19 new miniatures 4 new tiles and a slew of other stuff

-2 extra heroes

-Citadel walls (Cardboard insert for the game with awesome graphics!

The pledge is already passed it's tipping point as you get a lot more for your money!

Also, the shipping has received additionnal reduction so you get to spend more on the game
Yeah, like, wow! With Dark Legion you commit your money up front instead of by paying for addons through the pledge manager. You do this in the hope that the project won't fully fund and that you'll get some stuff they'll be producing anyway, but not for inclusion in Doom Trooper pledges. I don't like the way Modiphius structure its campaigns. I backed, but cancelled once I'd seen the completely uninspiring gameplay video.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Right now the number of miniatures for the Dark Legion Pledge is 65!!!!

45 in the core box and 20 in the expansion box and much more to come.

Edit: Actually is 66. I forgot to count the Chibi one! ^^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Bowling
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
66 miniatures for $150 U.S. plus shipping doesn't strike me as a very good deal.

Endure the Stars offered 121 minis for £60, or around $80 U.S.
The Others 7 Sins had 113 minis for $100 U.S.
Folklore the Affliction had 88 minis for $95 U.S. or 170 minis for $150 U.S.
Vampire Hunters has something like 108 minis for $135 U.S.

All different kinds of companies, from brand new to highly experienced, all with differing levels of funding in their campaigns and all offering much better value for my money.

I'm sorry, but I've been following this campaign from the start and I'm just not impressed by it. I backed day 1 in the first 30 minutes after waiting months for it to launch and the bizarre pledge levels immediately left me scratching my head. Pay $69 for the base game, or pay $149 for ... the base game? Huh?

I really, really wanted to back this, but I don't like the way Modiphius is running things. I ended up dropping my pledge to $1 and buying a copy of the original instead, which came with two sets of tiles, extra dice, two staircases, two citadels and eight extra minis, all for less than a third of what Modiphius is asking.

I'll keep watching, but at this point it will take a lot to get me to reconsider throwing my money at this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Oborn
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Brandon Bowling wrote:
66 miniatures for $150 U.S. plus shipping doesn't strike me as a very good deal.

Endure the Stars offered 121 minis for £60, or around $80 U.S.
The Others 7 Sins had 113 minis for $100 U.S.
Folklore the Affliction had 88 minis for $95 U.S. or 170 minis for $150 U.S.
Vampire Hunters has something like 108 minis for $135 U.S.

All different kinds of companies, from brand new to highly experienced, all with differing levels of funding in their campaigns and all offering much better value for my money.

To this point, it may be somewhat of an unfair comparison because you are comparing completed campaigns with one that is one even half way over. If we compare the base game to other base games, this is what we find:
The Others
Price $100.00
Miniatures: 48 (includes the Exclusive Calavera Hero)

Vampire Hunters
Price:$90 - Hunter, $135 Slayer
Miniatures: 48 (includes Exclusive Daniel Stoica) - Hunter 68 (includes Exclusive Daniel Stoica)

Endure the Stars
Price:$ $78 US
Miniatures: 56

Folklore the Affliction
Price:$ $95-Core 149-Deluxe
Miniatures: 25-Core 41-Deluxe

Mutant Chronicles
Price: $69-Doomtrooper $149-Dark Legion
Miniatures: 41-Doomtrooper (includes Chibi) 41-Dark Legion

I will say that the DL pledge at the beginning was most definitely not worth it. However, the Doomtrooper level was a better deal than all the other games right from the start. If you take into account the stretch goals and things then the numbers will change. If you take into account the unlocked SGs and the other minis they are planning on 'giving' to the DL pledges, its not at all a bad deal.

I just thought it unfair to compare completed campaigns with one that still has over 2 weeks to unlock more minis and SGs.

Brandon Bowling wrote:

I really, really wanted to back this, but I don't like the way Modiphius is running things. I ended up dropping my pledge to $1 and buying a copy of the original instead, which came with two sets of tiles, extra dice, two staircases, two citadels and eight extra minis, all for less than a third of what Modiphius is asking.

I'll keep watching, but at this point it will take a lot to get me to reconsider throwing my money at this.

I agree, the campaign was/is strange. It was run opposite of everything we know a successful campaign to be, but even still, it has been successful and as far as we know we will be getting an even better deal as time goes on.
Have fun with the 90's version. I have it and it is awesome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Bowling
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
I will concede that comparing an unfinished campaign to finished ones is a bit unfair.

However, I would also like to point out that all the games I mentioned included all stretch goals in their base pledge, while Siege of the Citadel has almost no stretch goals available at the base $69 level, with the exception of a few extra cards. You have to back at the $149 pledge tier to get the extra miniatures, tiles, expansions, etc.

So even when this campaign is over, the value of the $69 pledge will not change much, while all those other games had huge increases in the amount of content offered to their base pledge level. And with Siege, most of what backers do get for their $69 will be in the retail box anyway, so there is almost no incentive to back the project at that level, leaving people with the $149 option.

I don't really like the idea of being charged $80 extra just for the privilege of access to stretch goals. In that case, they aren't really stretch goals at all, as I'm already paying for them, they are more like add-ons. Calling them stretch goals implies that they are free extras, which they are not. The odd way this whole campaign has been structured has really left a bitter taste for me.

Also, the fact that Modiphius has changed the tile size for the re-release so that they aren't compatible with the original game seems like a cheap shot against any of the folks that do have the old one. I had considered picking up the expansion at retail, but there really is no point now.

Oh well, to each his own. I'm sure it will be a cool game when it gets released.

And thanks, I will definitely be enjoying my copy of the original when it arrives (should be any day now!) I'm looking forward to setting up some huge maps with all the extra tiles, and my son is going to love the 3D citadels. He's still young, so anything that makes a game more visually interactive is sure to grab his attention.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Holweck
msg tools
Brandon, still a bit unfair, imho. You're basically comparing a $69 pledge to $100 pledges. Of course the much more expensive ones are going to give more SG's, you're paying a $30 différence just for them (because SG's sure weren't free in these campaigns either).

Sure, this campaign is basically the opposite of what people are used to, which probably explains why it's not that successful, at least at the moment). They have a very basic pledge level (very good price point if you compare it to other miniature games, but very few SG's) and a kind of "all-in pledge" in which you also get all the planned add-ons unlocked as stretch goals. Will that be a good deal in the end? Probably. But then, to be fair, you'd have to compare it to things like the $149 Folklore Deluxe pledge or the $150 ZBP Knight pledge. And if you do that, I'm pretty sure Siege of the Citadel will be able to hold its own pretty well by the end of the campaign.

And they're currently in the process of adding 5 new heroes to the core box (and 1 to the expansion), which will bump it's total to 45 minis... and 22 different sculpts (ie 6 more than in the ZBP core box). Not too shabby for a $69 game, especially since we're not mid-campaign yet.

But as you say, to each his own.

Edit: also, as this thread is more about the $149 pledge, you now also get 6 additional heroes (1 per faction) compared to what you got on Monday (see first post above). With more monsters to come after the current series of unlocks is through, probably.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Hall
Australia
flag msg tools
I don't think there's any such thing as a normal campaign. Hmmm ... take Dark Souls for example, £80/$100 as only non-retail pledge with a HUGE base of 28 minis (yes some were big) and 7 tiles. And what happens???? They rake in £3.77 mil. Yeah normal campaign.

People backed it because they loved the concept even though there was NO GUARANTEE that all those SG would be unlocked. Maybe people who love this concept could get over themselves and back it. After all, SG can only get added to the final total if people put up their money; complaints only wreck what could be very promising campaigns IMO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yexil wrote:
complaints only wreck what could be very promising campaigns IMO.
Not "considered feedback from the backer community can help improve a project for the backers"? Not "early complaints can save a project from KS hell, by promoting early cancellation"? Just: "don't be negative, you make my world bad and spoil everything; if it wasn't for negative feedback, the world would be a perfect place"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre Dupuis
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Updated initial post with the information of the Sept 20th Update.

I had forgotten to add the 2 sets of double-sized double faced tiles in my initial post. These have been added to the description.

Also a small personal note on how the KS is handled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Martinez
msg tools
jvincentp wrote:

Simply stated, Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Elmaskador75 wrote:
jvincentp wrote:

Simply stated, Yes.
Simply, but erroneously - as is usually the case with such replies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Luciano
msg tools
mb
Teaser in the last update :

When we get to $200,000 we have a special announcement of another major expansion so help us get there!

A pronostic about this expansion ? Whitestar ? Luna DP ? Dark Eden ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
azza rein
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There should be a third, mid-tier option. 69 is a waste of time vis a vis retail unless heaps of stuff get unlocked. 150 is way too much for one game, regardless of how much junk they pad it up with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Luciano
msg tools
mb
mydnight wrote:
There should be a third, mid-tier option. 69 is a waste of time vis a vis retail unless heaps of stuff get unlocked. 150 is way too much for one game, regardless of how much junk they pad it up with.

If they put everything i this pledge, with nothing essential in addons, i think it's a good deal.
A lot of mini games of KS are around 100/120$ pledge but add a lot of gameplay addons, so the final cost is 2,3 or 4 times the starting bet. Here with this one, so far (and i think this will continue, it's how they handle their ks), everything is in the pledge, so it don't seems so expensive to me. And we're just at half campaign with a lot of content to come.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Martinez
msg tools
I'll address my comment like this, Yes he is underwhelmed, only a few are underwhelmed as he is. 1, 635 people, that are Kickstarters, are not underwhelmed. The Campaign is far from over and they are about $20,000 short of another expansion, meaning more figures, if this is what his entire complaint is about. Also think about this, the figures, are possibly the size of the the more heroic scale miniatures (32 mm in case you are not a wargamerr), Meaning more detail and are probably meant to be played with in Mutant Chronicles: Warzone Resurrection. If you took the survey, one question as asked if the campaign should be rules to use the figures for Mutant Chronicles: Warzone Resurrection. There are probably not your average CMON/Mantis Miniatures. Look at any photo of the original Siege miniatures to see how tall they were.

The survey also asked players what expansions they would like to introduced in the Kickstarter Campaign as the Campaign went along. Among those expansions asked to future backers were White Star, Dark Eden, and Fury of the Clansmen, meaning more miniatures, besides miniatures we are seeing more rules, tiles, cards, etc. to make a larger game.

As I stated yes, he is the only one underwhelmed by this and there is far more to go if we get there. Only the end of the campaign will decide if this was undewhelming or not. The best for those that are skeptical is to pledge $1 and see if it is worth adding on to. Even Modiphius states this in their pledge level.

As usual with such cases, few people don't see the bigger picture and need everything spelled out for them ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Elmaskador75 wrote:
I'll address my comment like this, Yes he is underwhelmed, only a few are underwhelmed as he is. 1, 635 people, that are Kickstarters, are not underwhelmed. The Campaign is far from over and they are about $20,000 short of another expansion, meaning more figures, if this is what his entire complaint is about. Also think about this, the figures, are possibly the size of the the more heroic scale miniatures (32 mm in case you are not a wargamerr), Meaning more detail and are probably meant to be played with in Mutant Chronicles: Warzone Resurrection. If you took the survey, one question as asked if the campaign should be rules to use the figures for Mutant Chronicles: Warzone Resurrection. There are probably not your average CMON/Mantis Miniatures. Look at any photo of the original Siege miniatures to see how tall they were.

The survey also asked players what expansions they would like to introduced in the Kickstarter Campaign as the Campaign went along. Among those expansions asked to future backers were White Star, Dark Eden, and Fury of the Clansmen, meaning more miniatures, besides miniatures we are seeing more rules, tiles, cards, etc. to make a larger game.

As I stated yes, he is the only one underwhelmed by this and there is far more to go if we get there. Only the end of the campaign will decide if this was undewhelming or not. The best for those that are skeptical is to pledge $1 and see if it is worth adding on to. Even Modiphius states this in their pledge level.

As usual with such cases, few people don't see the bigger picture and need everything spelled out for them ;-)
Classy! People that don't agree with you are (a) in the minority, (b) wrong and (c) so stupid that things must be spelled out for them.

For the record: I am underwhelmed (along with the concomitant slights to my person). So that means the OP is most definitely not "the only one". Neither, I suspect are we in any minority that you could reasonably devize or one that has any logical basis/significance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Oborn
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mccrispy wrote:
Elmaskador75 wrote:

Classy! People that don't agree with you are (a) in the minority, (b) wrong and (c) so stupid that things must be spelled out for them.

For the record: I am underwhelmed (along with the concomitant slights to my person). So that means the OP is most definitely not "the only one". Neither, I suspect are we in any minority that you could reasonably devize or one that has any logical basis/significance.

Now now now, This thread is (was) meant to show peeps what they are getting in the box with their respective pledge. I can create a Siege beatdown/disagreement thread if needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mroseksi wrote:
mccrispy wrote:
Elmaskador75 wrote:

Now now now, This thread is (was) meant to show peeps what they are getting in the box with their respective pledge. I can create a Siege beatdown/disagreement thread if needed.
That's unfortunate: posting in an open forum invites discussion. It's a useful thing you did, thank you. I'll avoid further derailment of your thread, but I reserve my right of reply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Procopio
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
I, the underwhelmed, am one of those 1,635 Kickstart pledges you mention. I can't imagine I'm the only one slowly becoming more and more disenchanted with this campaign. How many of those pledges are now $1?

Your reductive, fallacious reasoning and generally insulting response suggests you are a bit of a knee jerk fanboy of this game. Why do you even care if I'm underwhelmed?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Holweck
msg tools
jvincentp wrote:
I, the underwhelmed, am one of those 1,635 Kickstart pledges you mention. I can't imagine I'm the only one slowly becoming more and more disenchanted with this campaign. How many of those pledges are now $1?

Pretty hard to say, especially since:
- many people probably put in just $1 before they had a good idea what they would be getting (although the end result will probably be the same as with major mini board game distributors (or even more generous, in all likelihood), the way the campaign is built is not what people are used to, and I guess many people are just waiting until the last few days before they choose one way or another;
- also, there's the possibility of pledging through Paypal on Mödiphius' website, and these Paypal pledgers probably put $1 on KS so they could get the updates. If the ratio is the same as on their Conan RPG campaign, about one third of the current $1 pledges should be Paypal pledgers who are just following the campaign on KS.

Note that I read a funny comment the other day (not from you, it was not even from this thread) about someone who would never back a campaign which would only become interesting if enough people backed it. Of course, this applies to all campaigns, not just this one. Even a CMON campaign wouldn't be interesting at all if nobody backed it, you'd just pay the game about 30% more than retail, plus shipping. Hardly a good deal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.