Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Mohnkern
United States
Germantown
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone found a storage solution that lets you combine the two in one box?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michelle
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got all the stuff I'd need in 1 box, just using baggies for the cards and standees, and a small tray for tokens. I culled all the duplicate/obsolete tokens and got the location decks back down to 20 cards each, and opted to stick with the paper location boards to save space. Kept the original divider, because it helps the card baggies stay put.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan M
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is what I've done and so far it's tight, but it works. I kept the original game/box to hold duplicate components. So it has some of the regular zombies, old noise/helpless/food/etc tokens, some of the old dice (as you won't need 60), the original dagger/round/morale markers as well as the original boards. I also keep the new exposure die in this box because I feel like it is a bit wonky compared to the original I had.

I put all the survivors, bandits and super-zombies into their own (larger) bags. I mixed all the regular zombies together and then put 40 into a bag to keep with the game. That should be more than enough for any given game.

I use all the new boards, however, if you use the original boards it will noticeably save space. All tokens are kept in a plastic organizers I found at Walmart in their fishing section. It's big but compact enough to still squeeze in.

I only kept the original location and starter cards. Absolutely no reason to keep both sets in one box. However, I did pull some of the original location cards to randomize some of the decks. For example, I added in the 6 police station weapons, the 4 school books, the 7 library books and 2 hospital special health items. So when I'm going to the game, I set up the night before by shuffling in a random 6 weapons for the police station, 7 books for the library, etc. This adds randomness to the locations without messing around with the assortment or balance of the decks.

I've mixed ALL crossroad cards together but keep them separate. So there are the module cards, the character cards (alphabetized) and the standard cards. When we play I shuffle the base crossroad cards, then just randomly take the top 3rd and remove them from the game. Then I shuffle in any module cards and the character cards picked at the start (other found survivors are shuffled in later). So far this has been less extra effort than I thought and resulted in a pretty good number of cards triggering. I'd say 40 - 50%?

All main objective and exile objective cards are mixed as well. I have not yet mixed in the old crises or secret objectives simply because I want to play more with the new a bit more before adding those in.

There are times the box lid doesn't close completely 100% but its close. Mostly it depends on how much time I spend trying to squeeze air out of the baggies and/or shake them down a bit more. Also, I like the plastic storage box for the tokens, but if I switched that to baggies as well, there would be more space for all the figures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.