Firefly: The Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: Concept: Player Controlled Reavers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Leif
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A friend recently purchased a gift of the resin models for me, which was awesome of him. The problem is I already had that set. But it occurred to me that I could paint up variants of the ships, including a set at mosey vs a set at full burn. OR.... a set of Reaver versions of the ships. This got me thinking... player controlled Reavers! What if player ships could be turned into Reaver ships during game play. The Bounty Hunting and Piracy rules could probably be modified to fit the theme of a player controller Reaver ship boarding and killing/infecting other players. The way I sort of initially see this is that a Reaver attack could result in a Reaver controlled ship, where the crew essentially function as per normal but are now Reavers. Perhaps they are immune to morale issues, but the ships objective becomes focused on attacking other players.

Just a concept, it seems like an interesting idea.

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
or if all the players were Reavers and the Mission was to sack the most worlds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No Cat - No Cradle
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Minedog3 wrote:

Reaver Madness!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Buchholz
United States
Middleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fennic wrote:
Minedog3 wrote:

Reaver Madness!

But if anyone draws River Tam card you all loose

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorfinn Skullsplitter
msg tools
mbmbmb
You could do something where you play on the Morality scale...

You basically have, Moral, Unlabeled, Ruthless, and Reaver. Once you have a Reaver character, certain triggers (violent acts) will cause the Crew to start heading down the scale. Give each member of the Crew a Reaver Alert token. Moral crew get disgruntled and a token.

Once you hit Reaver level, that character is a Reaver. If you have more Reavers than non Reavers. Or maybe more Fight icons on Reavers than non-Reavers, something that would Disgruntle the Crew, would instead cause someone at the Moral end of the scale to get eaten (removed from the game).

The Reaver Alert tokens could count as an extra point of Fight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.