Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Austin Andersen
United States
Berrien Springs
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone successful at storing base game and both expansions all in the base game box? If yes, are your cards sleeved? If still yes, how?

I sleeved and bagged things into groups and having done so, I can't fit everything into the base game box. In fact, I end up using all 3 boxes to store everything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. I use clear FFG sleeves.

I only use plastic bags for the token components which are sorted. For the cards I use plastibands. I double band to band the large and small cards for each faction together (so starting deck + upgrade cards are tied together for ease in selecting faction)

Fits pretty easily after that, somewhat tight fit but not the tightest I've seen. Box closes all the way.

I think the trick is not using TOO many plastic bags as they add up and you can't cleanly stack bagged cards; when I used plastic bags for each team instead of bands I dont tihnk it fit nearly as well, and it's faster to set up with the bands anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Ryabov
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes to both your questions
I use plastic bags for everything except cheating tokens
The only amendment I made - I transformed insert of the box in such way that it has 3 rows instead of original 2 ( |_|-|_| ==> |_|_|_| )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Castree
Japan
Osaka
Osaka
flag msg tools
ACGalaga.com
badge
What da heck?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ivan Ryabov wrote:
Yes to both your questions
I use plastic bags for everything except cheating tokens
The only amendment I made - I transformed insert of the box in such way that it has 3 rows instead of original 2 ( |_|-|_| ==> |_|_|_| )

This seems like it would work nicely. It's originally one row, but can be two of you flip the insert over. That's how I have it now (without sudden death expansion). I think just 3 rows is enough for all expansions to fit nicely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gianluca Casu
Belgium
Ixelles
Bruxelles
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got rid of the insert, sleeved everything, bagged the rest and put everything in the base box. Worked like a charm.

I'm surprised you had the opposite experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Base box, cards sleeved, tokens bagged, hell, insert kept. Only thing I did was flip the insert. That gives you two side canyons.

Left side, from top down, Staff Upgrade and Penalty cards (in the insert's flaps), then two stacks of team cards (each division of three teams + star players in a stack). Right side, Team Upgrades and the other two stacks of team cards. Two scoreboard go on top of each canyon, fifth and the Stadiums on top the center "ridge". Under the insert, Highlight and Spike cards in a single deck, plus the bagged tokens.

So basically a three row approach for me as well, like to keep the insert to prevent excess moving around of the components.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M
United States
Scottdale
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, every player card sleeved (not matchups or events etc), and teams bagged. Everything fits in the base box after throwing out the insert.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Roy
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I managed it by removing the insert and getting everything bagged. No problems whatsoever.

But it was kind of inconvenient to pick through all the bags, so I had a friend make me an insert.

It's really beautiful, actually.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Zandi
United States
Lehi
Utah
flag msg tools
I hate bugging you but would your friend be willing to make MORE inserts? that is awesome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Roy
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zanderson wrote:
I hate bugging you but would your friend be willing to make MORE inserts? that is awesome!

She loves doing them, but being in Vancouver, I think it might be hard to do one for you.

She's made me a bunch of them, though.

Here's Castles of Mad King Ludwig. (Sorry, I don't have the pic to upload, so here's the link to her Instagram)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BEHrggijg6E/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Duly
Canada
Langley
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I live in Vancouver and I am looking for someone who can do some inserts for me. Do you think she might be interested in being commissioned to do a couple inserts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Roy
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know what her schedule is like, but I'll check

Edit: Are you going to V-Con, Evan?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Duly
Canada
Langley
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
First time I've heard of it but if you post a link, I'll check it out and see it I can make it.

PS just for clarity, I don't live right downtown but in Langley. I work close to downtown.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Roy
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here you go: http://vcon.ca/

It's a science fiction convention, but has a 24-hour boardgame room (and another video game room).

Online sales are closed, but I think you can purchase at the door.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
Canada
Kinda SW of Hamilton
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Everything fits in this storage I devised.

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1198000/another-expansion-st...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl G
United States
Glendale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I used this insert from Go7Gaming and it fits great. The lid sits a little higher, but even with sleeved cards there's plenty of room in the original box.

[url]http://go7gaming.com/product/lgc-003-v2-insert
[/url]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I sleeved all the cards, placed them into Ultra Pro Deckboxes separated by "League" (plus one extra box for the remaining large cards), placed the remaining small cards in baggies, put all the bits into a pair of smallest-size tackleboxes, and managed to fit everything into the original box..

.. of Dominion: Intrigue

That's why I came to find this thread; I'll look at some of the solutions in here myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Andersen
United States
Berrien Springs
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jozxyqk wrote:
I sleeved all the cards, placed them into Ultra Pro Deckboxes separated by "League" (plus one extra box for the remaining large cards), placed the remaining small cards in baggies, put all the bits into a pair of smallest-size tackleboxes, and managed to fit everything into the original box..

That's why I came to find this thread; I'll look at some of the solutions in here myself.

Do you mind uploading a picture? This one sounds like one I can follow easily.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
bbblasterfire wrote:
jozxyqk wrote:

Do you mind uploading a picture? This one sounds like one I can follow easily.

I actually already took it apart, put things in baggies instead of the slightly-too-large boxes, and was indeed able to fit everything in the original BBTM box, based on this thread's advice.
(The box doesn't close exactly flush, but it is pretty close).

But the cardboxes I was using are these:
http://www.ultrapro.com/product_info.php?products_id=2955
(Not all this color, just the first link I found)
And the Dominion box is a lot larger than the BBTM box, so it was pretty trivial to get it to fit there with plenty of extra space.

And the tackle boxes are these that I think I found at Walmart:
https://www.flambeaucases.com/index.php/site/details/1002

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a picture of the inside of the box now. Not very pretty, but it will get the job done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel compelled to go into a little more detail for some reason.
(Note: All cards are sleeved with suggested Fantasy Flight sleeves)

So, I've got:
One bag for each team, which contains their Starting Players, Team Upgrades, and Team Tokens. (12 total).
(I've left the redundant extra Team Upgrade cards from the second expansion outside of the box)
Then I've got one bag for each League's Star Player Deck (4 total); the Blood Tokens are in the DSS Star Player bag, and the Disease Tokens are in the PPG Star Player bag, instead of with their primary team.
(I forget if any Star Players actually use these tokens, but if they do, that's the best way to guarantee they get into play in all appropriate situations)

One bag for all Spike Magazine cards (including both Headlines and Tournaments, but the base-game Blood Bowl Tournament is kept outside of the box; no need for it to be there).
One bag for all Highlight Cards.
One bag for Staff Upgrade cards.
One bag for Penalty Cards.
One bag for Stadium Cards.
One bag with the ever-important First Player Token, the Ref (and his base*), and the dice**.
One bag with all of the Cheating Tokens, Contracts, regular and enchanted Balls***.

The 5 Scoreboards loose in the box, underneath most of the bags.
The main rulebook, expansion rulesheets, and printed out FAQ/Errata pages, on top.

I think that covers everything.

I might investigate putting the insert back in, upside down, to retain a little more structure, or at least building some "walls" out of cardboard, but I don't know if that's worth it.

If there's ever another official expansion with 3 teams in it, I doubt it will fit in this setup, but that would be a good problem to have!

* - I am using a different Base than the standard Fantasy Flight one, something more easily removable/attachable without damaging cardboard. From a giant bag of bases I bought for a different game. Ask me and I'll try to remember exactly where they came from.

** - I'm also debating including some more dice in the bag - a d4+d6 for randomizing teams, and maybe more d6s for substitute Tackle Dice because 2 doesn't seem like enough - but there's enough room that they should fit.

*** - I can't say "enchanted balls" with a straight face.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Andersen
United States
Berrien Springs
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jozxyqk wrote:
I feel compelled to go into a little more detail for some reason.
(Note: All cards are sleeved with suggested Fantasy Flight sleeves)

So, I've got:
One bag for each team, which contains their Starting Players, Team Upgrades, and Team Tokens. (12 total).
(I've left the redundant extra Team Upgrade cards from the second expansion outside of the box)
Then I've got one bag for each League's Star Player Deck (4 total); the Blood Tokens are in the DSS Star Player bag, and the Disease Tokens are in the PPG Star Player bag, instead of with their primary team.
(I forget if any Star Players actually use these tokens, but if they do, that's the best way to guarantee they get into play in all appropriate situations)

One bag for all Spike Magazine cards (including both Headlines and Tournaments, but the base-game Blood Bowl Tournament is kept outside of the box; no need for it to be there).
One bag for all Highlight Cards.
One bag for Staff Upgrade cards.
One bag for Penalty Cards.
One bag for Stadium Cards.
One bag with the ever-important First Player Token, the Ref (and his base*), and the dice**.
One bag with all of the Cheating Tokens, Contracts, regular and enchanted Balls***.

The 5 Scoreboards loose in the box, underneath most of the bags.
The main rulebook, expansion rulesheets, and printed out FAQ/Errata pages, on top.

I think that covers everything.

I might investigate putting the insert back in, upside down, to retain a little more structure, or at least building some "walls" out of cardboard, but I don't know if that's worth it.

If there's ever another official expansion with 3 teams in it, I doubt it will fit in this setup, but that would be a good problem to have!

* - I am using a different Base than the standard Fantasy Flight one, something more easily removable/attachable without damaging cardboard. From a giant bag of bases I bought for a different game. Ask me and I'll try to remember exactly where they came from.

** - I'm also debating including some more dice in the bag - a d4+d6 for randomizing teams, and maybe more d6s for substitute Tackle Dice because 2 doesn't seem like enough - but there's enough room that they should fit.

*** - I can't say "enchanted balls" with a straight face.

Believe it or not, I for one do appreciate the added details. Thanks a bunch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Andersen
United States
Berrien Springs
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to thank everyone that has contributed positively to this thread. I too can now proudly say that I have everything crammed into the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.