Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian Villarreal
United States
Van Nuys
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm not really a fan of the time captain die due to it possibility of royally screwing over your run. So I proposed a solution to it for when you need to change locations. Make it a static number. You can even in fact use this to make the game harder or easier.

Easy - 1 TU

Normal - 2 TU (since 4 sides of the die are 2 TU)

Hard - 3 TU

Now before you ask, I did already test this out on Asylum, using normal mode. I made sure I did everything possible as a new player would do. I gathered all the items needed, went down the paths needed, and made the decisions needed. And I managed to finish the scenario on the 2nd run with 1 TU to spare using 2 TU traveling between locations every time. Easy obviously would allot way more time to finish everything, hard would force you to make more tactical decisions to finish before you run out of time, even going as far as to solving puzzles without all the clues for them.

Anyway, I will try hard mode soon enough to see how well that plays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ALeX
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also don't like that die. But for example in UtM the result is used for the TU and at the same time for other things. You could of course roll it as usual and always go 2 TU down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randal Divinski
United States
Natick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On the "Hard" setting, how about reducing the 3 cost to 2 for any movement between two locations you have previously moved between (on this run, or a previous one)? Path optimization.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.