Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Space Trucker
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

yesterday a German version of the rules went online:
http://www.feuerland-spiele.de/spiele/terra_mystica.php?show...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Bocholt
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice find!

Upon rereading the rules, here's my opinion about some of the particularly strong (+) or weak (-) features:
- Witches got screwed: 3 cult steps instead of 5 VP seems fair, but not an advantage; also having two temples is quite a harsh precondition
+ Alchemists can rejoice: for just 3w and 9VP they get an extra ship level and an extra dig level (which immediately gives 8VP or more back)
+ Dwarves and Engineers also got a strong buff: connection becomes easier, if the bonus territory is placed cleverly, and there's no precondition to place it
+ Mermaids now have no excuse to end the game with less than three towns : they can connect hexes with two river spaces between them to a town
+ Giants got a huge buff too: not only do they get 6VP for free, but also a strategy which advances digging to the max becomes much more feasible, and then ACT3 suddenly becomes more attractive to them than ACT6
- Fakirs got an insufficient buff: carpet flight becomes more attractive and should net them 10+ coins; however it's not an outstanding buff compared to the other factions, so Fakirs will likely remain the underdogs
+ Ice Maiden got up to four free spades: especially early in the game before there's a chance to advance digging, this should be a huge advantage
+ Acolytes got a bunch of free power: over the course of a game this should be worth 12+ pw
+ Riverwalkers get a nice escape mechanism: it's basically the same feature as Mermaids (only difference is that they pay a priest instead of a spade), but the big thing is that it makes it more difficults for their opponents to block their connectivity
- Shapeshifters got a weak one: the one free shapeshift is nice (basically saves them 10pw), but won't make them competitive again
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristo Vaher
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will this be available in English?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Bocholt
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Slashdoctor wrote:
Will this be available in English?
I cannot speak for Feuerland, but I'm pretty sure the translations are already in their pipeline.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Heeren
Germany
Eppstein-Bremthal
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Submitting the English version now...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Marsh
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i must be dense but i can't figure out how to get to the downloads section in English. Can someone provide a direct link?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Bocholt
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I presume Frank submitted the English rules to the files section here on BGG. At least he has some files there which pend approval.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Savic
Canada
St.Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
Ya I agree with you that the witches got the shorter end of the stick, but I think your missing the fact that it's not a one dimensional ability like most of the other factions. Which may prove to be strong in corner cases and may require more skill as it is definitely related to turn order / timing. It's the threat of activation you are not giving credit in. Your right in relativity to the other rules that got voted in, it is not a straight up advantage. But the witches also are a strong class in general.

That's one question I have in general is, ok the rules to all of these were selected individually, how will they mesh together?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.