Subject: Looking for add-on advice rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fruit Eating Bear
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I currently only own the base game. I'm not particularly interested in the massive expense of getting S2, S3 or BP but I would like some variation - more characters particularly, and something like crows/dogs to keep the game fresh. What would you recommend would be the best two or three little add-ons to do this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M
United States
Scottdale
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would get Toxic City Mall instead of two or three boxes. I think that one purchase will really change up the whole game for you with the toxic zombies and the new map tiles. you get four new characters also.

For the small box expansions, I do like the zombie dogz for bringing some real terror to the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Crane
United States
WASHOUGAL
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Toxic mall everytime. new type of zombies, ultra red weapons, new heroes and more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fruit Eating Bear
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sadly I can't seem to find TCM cheap anywhere at the moment. I assume it's between print runs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waggly Bean
United Kingdom
Walsall
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fruit Eating Bear wrote:
Sadly I can't seem to find TCM cheap anywhere at the moment. I assume it's between print runs.

Ive been having the same problem for a while. TCM is the only ZC big box I don't have (although I do have some of its components bought cheaply on eBay), but I would say it probably is the best way to expand core ZC.

You could get Angry Neighbours instead, which might be available at a better price and provides a similar amount of 'stuff'. This contains new survivors, 3 new tiles, a new type of zombie, and 5 missions for combining with S1. A lot of people don't really care for the seeker zombie type though.

Failing that I would suggest you go with dogz or Crowz, as they're not available in any of the big boxes and therefore you won't have any repetition if you do go down that route at some point.

Some of the guest boxes are cool, but they're not really good value for money considering they're £15-£20 for 2 new survivors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary gee
United Kingdom
west yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ive got TCM only opened and used it once..like new.anyone want to trade something I'm open to offers uk only guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have Toxic City Mall and Angry Neighbors. I've never played with either of them but I do include all of the different survivors. I have used the dogs a lot and I'll probably try the crows next.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew CARLESS
Italy
Inveruno
MILANO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AceAceBaby wrote:
I do like the zombie dogz for bringing some real terror to the game.

This. Just think of Resident Evil. Well worth it and lethal....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
flag msg tools
Zombie dogz for very tense activations, think: ultra runners!
Also dog companions can be a great way to spice up the survivors

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.