Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Austin Andersen
United States
Berrien Springs
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Games with numerous expansions were purposely left off the list as were CCGs, LCGs, ECGs, or any other type of game with a ton of content.

If you think a game doesn't belong in the poll, please note with a comment below along with an explanation. I apologize in advance that the list isn't alphabetized, but it was entirely too much work to do, while maintaining the list as hyperlinks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Dallas
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My favorite 2 player is by far Star Wars: Rebellion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
England
flag msg tools
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars, where you will be forced to drift aimlessly farther into the vast, empty abyss of space until a lack of food, water and oxygen causes you to succumb to Death's cold embrace.
mbmbmbmbmb
Scythe / Imperial Settlers / 51st State / Cry Havoc(?) / Marco Polo aren't asymmetric as a game, they just have varying player powers, which shouldn't be enough to qualify IMO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Can CoOps be asymmetric?

Isn't the point of coops using each players skill set to the most efficient for the group?

I'm not sure variable powers is asymmetry, especially on the same side.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Larouche
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
Melting souls with cuteness since 2007
badge
Lovin' N-16
mbmbmbmbmb
Geosphere wrote:
Can CoOps be asymmetric?

Isn't the point of coops using each players skill set to the most efficient for the group?

I'm not sure variable powers is asymmetry, especially on the same side.

Take a look at Mysterium. It's assymetric and coop. Also XCOM: The Board Game.

Twilight Struggle, however, is in the list and it isn't an assymetric game. Both players have different cards at their disposal, but they are playing by the same rules. It isn't any different than say, Magic: the Gathering.

Same with Forbidden Stars and (i think) Scythe.
I can't even begin to think about why Eldritch Horror is in the list...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Drog
United States
Ponte Vedra Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Three Kingdoms Redux
Churchill
Triumph & Tragedy

That was easy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Humulus Lupulus
United States
Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
War of the Ring
Maria
Labyrinth

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
corum irsei
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheRocketSurgeon wrote:
Scythe / Imperial Settlers / 51st State / Cry Havoc(?) / Marco Polo aren't asymmetric as a game, they just have varying player powers, which shouldn't be enough to qualify IMO.
Yup, actually, there's plenty of other games one the list I wouldn't call asymmetric.

I voted for
- Middle-Earth Quest (Heroes vs. Sauron)
- Fury of Dracula (Vampire-Hunters vs. Dracula)
- 7 Ronin (Hordes of Ninjas vs. 7 Samurai)

These three games feature different goals, different player actions, and different game materials for the opposing factions, making them truly asymmetric in every sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Larouche
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
Melting souls with cuteness since 2007
badge
Lovin' N-16
mbmbmbmbmb
jhaelen wrote:
TheRocketSurgeon wrote:
Yup, actually, there's plenty of other games one the list I wouldn't call asymmetric.

I voted for
- Middle-Earth Quest (Heroes vs. Sauron)
- Fury of Dracula (Vampire-Hunters vs. Dracula)
- 7 Ronin (Hordes of Ninjas vs. 7 Samurai)

These three games feature different goals, different player actions, and different game materials for the opposing factions, making them truly asymmetric in every sense.

If the poll stayed only with the trully asymetric games, it would be more meaningful imo. There would be less games on it and votes wouldn't be diluted amongst the too-numerous entries.

As such, the best voted asymetric games will get about 10 votes and the worst 0 to 1 vote. Hardly enough votes to have any kind of information on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.