5 Posts

Agricola» Forums » Rules

Subject: Handplow rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steram Shaw
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Not sure I'm missing something here. I'm just learning the latest version of Agricola and I'm struggling with with a few improvement and occupation cards. There doesn't seem to be any explanation of them in the rules. For example. I have the handplow minor improvement. It says " add 5 to the current round and place 1 field tile on the corresponding round space. At the start of that round, you can plow the field" 5 what???
Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Webb
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Add 5 to the number of the current round. For example, if you play the minor improvement on round 2, you'd place a field tile on round 7. When you start that round, you get that field tile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Humulus Lupulus
United States
Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Adam is correct. There are many improvements that have this wording. For example, the Well (which I'm not sure is in the new version) has the player place a food token on each of the next 5 round spaces*. When that round begins, the player who owns the well (or corresponding improvement) takes the food token.

*a round space is any space where an action card goes for each of the rounds on the main central board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steram Shaw
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Oops. Ye, that makes sense. It clicked after I stopped and had a cup of coffee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Grace
Australia
Adelaide
SA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Way back, I recall being baffled trying to find the "round spaces". I could see plenty of rectangular ones, but no round ones... those were the days !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.