Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Luke Masouras
United States
Syracuse
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
These are the house rule that we use for B-Sieged. They are to allow for more choices/decisions during the game and less randomness.

1.Open Resources: The Season Resource cards are face up and open knowledge. When using a building that allows you to draw from them (The Armory, The Tavern, The Market, The Sorcery Tower), the players choose which card they want.

2.Open Special Ability Tokens: Ability Token are organized by level but are face up and open knowledge. When a player levels up and draws, they choose which Ability Token they want.

3.Remove First Turn Marker: Remove the first player marker and heroes each receive an activation token. Heroes choose the order they take their activation. When a hero is activated, flip his activation token to the used side. Once all heroes have activated that turn move on to the Enemy Phase.

Let me know your thoughts!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calvin Tang
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
#2 seems overly powerful. Each set of abilities has a few that are a cut above the rest. And you will basically be choosing them whenever your play. It's just a matter of which player got which ability. perhaps instead, you can randomly pick 4 (or more) and choose one and the unchosen ones go back into the pool?

#1 is OK, since there's still a random element to it. However, the bad card is basically out of play. Which is OK by me. I still remember the first resource card my group ever drawn in B-Seiged was Fire in the armoury. How "lucky" is that!

#3 is OK too. I see it only removes the need to plan your turn ahead and talk it out. But if you're playing with a few drinks, it's an awesome rule!

It's too bad I play with someone who absolutely go by the rules, so I will never get to try any of these out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Masouras
United States
Syracuse
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
#2 I see what you mean, but we always plan out what we will be focusing on with each player. One will be the range attach one will be the melee attack, etc. And I do not know about you but our win to lose ratio is not good even with this "overly powerful" house rule.

#1 We almost always have some one that can draw a card from the top of the stack, they do not know if it is a "bad card." We have had many of the blind draws bite us with "bad cards." For us they are not out of play just a little more rare.

#3 this allows us to put some one in the catapult at the end of a round and them move him out at the start of the next. Or do this with any room, rather than locking them up. This still does not give access to a room to everyone one a turn, just makes it more flexible.

These changes have not made the game easy! They have only made it so we have more choices. We still have less that a 25% win rate and we have to fight for each an every one. Before these changes we never won a game. That is not to say we would not have but this give us the ability to make many more valuable and strategic choices.

Thanks for your feedback!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.