Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Glickman
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
Has anyone else looked at the "rulebook" on the website?

It completely lacks any semblance of actually teaching the game. It's just a giant glossary... Am I missing a real rulebook somewhere? Or is that what the game is coming with?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Paul G wrote:

It completely lacks any semblance of actually teaching the game. It's just a giant glossary... Am I missing a real rulebook somewhere? Or is that what the game is coming with?

If you watch any of the reviews, or read the components list, you will see that the game comes with a "get started" style book, and each mission comes with its own "scenario" book that introduces new rules. The "rulebook" online is just an FFG-style "rules reference". It is not intended for learning the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maxfield Stewart
United States
Pacifica
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Paul G wrote:

Hey, what links did you look at? I can pass along feedback to the team (though I know they read these forums as well). I've seen a rulebook that is definitely tutorial style and comes in the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Yeah, we made the call to just put up the 'Rules Reference' books on the website until the game launches. I guess we were worried about the game 'leaking' the scenarios and ruining some of the surprise, but I'll look into whether we can put the tutorial up somewhere (possibly here)? But the Rulebook Glossary is not intended to teach the game (you're right, that'd be a miserable experience) we use the tutorial and future dossiers to step you through learning the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Altoona
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would recommend rename the "rulebooks" into something more clear like "glossary" or "rules reference".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Freels
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, please put up the game play rules or quick play rules. After reading the glossary as the rule book, I decided that I did not want the game because I would not understand how to play it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.