Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Miller
United States
College Station
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
For such a simple game, the scoring sure throws folks. So I've put my poor drawing skills to use and here's a small part of one of my recent games:

Hopefully you can see the thin black line going around... (Scoring is shown only for the sample above.)

There are three meeples in question:

On #4 is a watchman. He scores 4 points. He cannot see the forest on 21 since the tower is in the way.

On #21 is another watchman. He scores 3 points.

On #12 is a fisherman. He scores 8 points. (You should be able to just see the huts on #15 and #9.) He does NOT score a point for the hut in the zone just below his position, since that hut is not near his body of water.

If correct, this means the forest zone on #4 just below the tower generates 3 points for my total. There is only 1 meeple per territory, but this zone falls into three different territories.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mo
United States
Downingtown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your example looks correct from what I can tell - the photo is trimmed a little too much. But you lost me with the forest reference.

There are two forest areas on #4. One is a single space forest and one is connected with another forest space making a two-space forest. Since neither one has a worker on them, neither would score. But...

If a worker was on the single space forest, it would score 4 points: 1 watchtower, 1 farm, 1 watchtower, 1 water.

If a worker was on the two space forest, it would score 3 points: 1 watchtower, 1 water (the big lake), and 1 water.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Miller
United States
College Station
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
mo7189 wrote:
Your example looks correct from what I can tell - the photo is trimmed a little too much. But you lost me with the forest reference.

There are two forest areas on #4. One is a single space forest and one is connected with another forest space making a two-space forest. Since neither one has a worker on them, neither would score. But...

If a worker was on the single space forest, it would score 4 points: 1 watchtower, 1 farm, 1 watchtower, 1 water.

If a worker was on the two space forest, it would score 3 points: 1 watchtower, 1 water (the big lake), and 1 water.

Right- I think... The picture rotated between what I was looking at and what was uploaded...

If I had a lumberjack in the zone just below (to the left in the image) then yes, it would be a different territory and score 3 points.

So there really is no limit on how many points a single zone can score, except for the number of works that can use that zone. Yes? If so, I may be getting the hang of this...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mo
United States
Downingtown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A forest is limited by its size. A single space forest with a worker on it will score a maximum of 4 points, because it only has four borders.

Not sure if this will help, but you can find the FAQ through this thread:

I still don't understand how the Woodcutter scores

In the FAQ pdf, there is a more detailed explanation of the woodcutter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martyn F
Sweden
Kungälv
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Designer of board games with a bite...
mbmbmbmbmb
The watchman on #21 scores at least 4 points!

And yes, a single quadrant can score for different meeples. One forest quadrant could add 1 point to the scores for 3 watchmen and 1 fisherman.

Provided the 3 watchmen can see this forest quadrant and the hut on the forest quadrant borders the lake of the fisherman.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Miller
United States
College Station
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
MartynF wrote:
The watchman on #21 scores at least 4 points!

And yes, a single quadrant can score for different meeples. One forest quadrant could add 1 point to the scores for 3 watchmen and 1 fisherman.

Provided the 3 watchmen can see this forest quadrant and the hut on the forest quadrant borders the lake of the fisherman.

Yes- now that I look closer at the image, that IS a forest just beyond the line. Tells me I need to pay more attention!

And as an aside: I was looking on your associated website (going to try the lighthouse!) and as a partly colorblind person, I have zero trouble seeing everything on the cards. Even in low-light conditions. Well done on that!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mo
United States
Downingtown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, Eric, if you want some challenges where you can compare your scores to others, I had created this geeklist a while ago:

Limes PBF Geeklist

It kinda goes step by step adding new rules and new variants as you go down the list.

It's always in the back of my mind to add some new ones, but I haven't done so in a while.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Miller
United States
College Station
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
mo7189 wrote:
Hey, Eric, if you want some challenges where you can compare your scores to others, I had created this geeklist a while ago:

Limes PBF Geeklist

It kinda goes step by step adding new rules and new variants as you go down the list.

It's always in the back of my mind to add some new ones, but I haven't done so in a while.

Cool! Subbed to the list, so I'll read through and see what I can contribute! Since the game is "new" to me, I have lots to learn about it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.