Subject: Is Sat. the prime day for gaming at a FLGS? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ackmondual
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One of my FLGS that did "regular bg" had us meet on Sat. evenings. I'm noticing that FLGS that support CCGs and RPGs tend to have "regular open gaming" on a weeknight (not Friday), and leave Sat. for their tournament spots, so it seems like Sat. is a prime time spot. Are there other FLGS that do this differently?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Harrison
United States
Beavercreek
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I last checked FLGS around here, I could find boardgame nights Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, and one store that did every other Sat afternoon. As you observed, most stores with gaming spaces have tournaments on Saturday (CCGs, LCGs, or X-wing).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dickson
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My main FLGS hosts all-day board gaming on the second Saturday of every month, in addition to their usual weekly board game nights on Tuesdays and Thursdays. They'll also do all-day gaming on the holidays on which they're open.

Having only a single Saturday every month allows them to organize tournaments around that date, so we rarely have an issue with crowding.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
In my area(5 stores in 10 mile radius) weekends are the worst day as kids/teens have off of school and take up the whole store with Magic tournaments and 40K, X-Wing and Age Of Sigmar. I would love if any of those stores had a Saturday BG night, but we are 2nd class scum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Tyree
United States
Dayton
Ohio (OH)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, ours is a pretty good sized store so there's usually room for casual play on the weekend, but the tournaments and big events are Fri/Sat/Sun things usually. I think it just makes those things easier for attendance. The regular boardgame meetups are during the week, and there are almost always some players in the store, be it minis, ccg, etc. even on non-event nights.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Tyree
United States
Dayton
Ohio (OH)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tineren wrote:
When I last checked FLGS around here, I could find boardgame nights Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, and one store that did every other Sat afternoon. As you observed, most stores with gaming spaces have tournaments on Saturday (CCGs, LCGs, or X-wing).

There's a group that organizes between the stores in the area, rotates their game nights that way. You could probably play every night if you just went from store to store lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cardboard Hustle
United States
Sharonville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I find Saturdays to be reserved for tournaments of games that bring in a lot in sales. Therefore, Magic tournaments are often held on Saturday afternoons/evenings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Dallas
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Around me it is Thursday night and Saturday all day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Udo Schwalenberg
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
My FLGS is closed on Saturday.
Boardgame night is on Friday 5pm to 12pm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elliott HillJennings
United States
Cornelius
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My FLGS has board game night on Thursdays but there is generally a good group of people playing on Saturday afternoons as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.