Subject: Broken Decoder rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick Giemsa
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone experienced problems with the decoder? Mine gives an error sound when inserting the third key and one again after the fourth Even with the correct codes. Does anyone know when the device resets itself?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cardboard Hustle
United States
Sharonville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you pressing the keys down one at time or are you loading the keys, then pressing them down together?

I have always loaded the keys lightly, then pressed them down at the same time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Giemsa
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i have tried both. when i used the decoder for the first run through prison break it worked fine, but when i made a second attempt with another group, it stopped working.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Müller
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
Please write to our customer service (info@noris-spiele.de), we'll find out what the problem is

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Giemsa
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I already contacted the german support yesterday hoping to get an answer soon. Tnx for your reply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Tang

Fresno
California
msg tools
Did you figure out what's wrong? Mine has the same issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Giemsa
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Decoder seems to be broken. Noris asked me to send mine in for inspection and offered me to send a new one later. Might take up to 3 weeks because they seem to be sold out. Very disappointing, since the game was quite fun But the component quality seems to be insufficent if this happens to others too and they are not able to make a quick exchange.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Davis
United States
Hobbs
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got the game and played the first case with my wife. The decoder messed up on the second code (giving repeated errors) as well as with the 3rd code (same thing). Double checked the website walkthrough just to make sure that we had the right solutions. We then restarted the decoder and tried the 3 solutions again... same thing. failed on solution 2 and 3 (3 most likely because 2 would never really accept).

For those who have this issue also, did the decoder work fine for the other cases? or do I just need a new one and that's that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Giemsa
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This issue seems to be different than mine. My decoder gave signals too early - once three keys were inserted. The decoder seems to be quite a fragile product.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Davis
United States
Hobbs
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine also had an error at three keys but only on the second code. Seems quite fragile indeed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cardboard Hustle
United States
Sharonville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played around with the decoder a bit and have found the decoder works best when you:

1. Lightly insert the keys
2. Press them all down at the same time.

I suspect there are simple switches inside connected to a small circuit board.

However, if your decoder is not responding to the correct codes, you have a bad circuit board or a broken switch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Giemsa
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
didn't work for me with my old broken decoder. got mine exchanged...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Davis
United States
Hobbs
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I contacted US support on Friday night and still haven't heard anything

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.