Subject: Printing Dupes of Starting Items rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone have scans of the starting items for all investigators? I know you shouldn't have duplicates but the asset deck is getting thick so this might save me some setup time. Might be neat to see some items on different investigators once in awhile as well (aside from the rarely used trade action).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As you have physical copies, why don't you scan/photograph them yourself? It shouldn't be too hard to do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mccrispy wrote:
As you have physical copies, why don't you scan/photograph them yourself? It shouldn't be too hard to do.

Well not having a scanner would be a reason, but I was actually just kind of lazy. Done now though

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fatesadvent wrote:
mccrispy wrote:

Well not having a scanner would be a reason, but I was actually just kind of lazy. Done now though
I get not having a scanner - but most phones and tablets with a camera also have an App that turns the phone into a hand-held scanner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walmsley
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hmmm, you've got me thinking. I've got all the expansions and one of the annoying parts of setup is having to go through that massive pile of assets to find the one your character starts with (it's always the last one you check, obviously!). If I took out all the assets that can be starting items for characters then I'm guessing this shouldn't have any impact on gameplay would it? The chances of drawing a specific asset must be about 100/1 at the minute anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tigerwalms wrote:
Hmmm, you've got me thinking. I've got all the expansions and one of the annoying parts of setup is having to go through that massive pile of assets to find the one your character starts with (it's always the last one you check, obviously!). If I took out all the assets that can be starting items for characters then I'm guessing this shouldn't have any impact on gameplay would it? The chances of drawing a specific asset must be about 100/1 at the minute anyway.
I think that if you look at the items that you'll take out as a whole, you'll see that you will seriously deplete the Asset deck of some very important items. While the odds for a single Asset will be 100:1, the odds of drawing a useful starter item will be much higher if you leave them in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Yoder
United States
Middleton
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tigerwalms wrote:
Hmmm, you've got me thinking. I've got all the expansions and one of the annoying parts of setup is having to go through that massive pile of assets to find the one your character starts with (it's always the last one you check, obviously!).

Of course it's the last one you check. Why would you keep checking after you'd found it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yosu Gomez
Spain
flag msg tools
nomoredroids wrote:
tigerwalms wrote:
Hmmm, you've got me thinking. I've got all the expansions and one of the annoying parts of setup is having to go through that massive pile of assets to find the one your character starts with (it's always the last one you check, obviously!).

Of course it's the last one you check. Why would you keep checking after you'd found it?

Really? You're supposed to stop looking once you find it? blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xelto G
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tigerwalms wrote:

If you want to do it that way, you simply don't check the deck for starting assets. If, during the course of the game, you find one that was put in play as a starting asset, you discard it and redraw.

We've done something similar. My fan expansion for Shudde-M'ell had no clues on water spaces, so you return all sea space clues to the box (cthonians, like witches, melt in water). We quickly learned to pull all the clues out, then just toss any sea spaces back as they came up, it was much easier that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now I'm also thinking of scanning dupes of "set aside" monsters. Those are even worse than starting items. Again this would impact drawing rates, mostly negligible except for cases like Yig where you set aside a lot of cultists.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.