Shadows of Brimstone: City of the Ancients» Forums » General

Subject: Sleeves for heroes and monsters? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shawn Gierlinger

Quincy
Illinois
msg tools
Does anyone make sleeves for the hero and monster cards ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Embree
msg tools
mbmbmb
This may or may not help. I don't use sleeves, but I did laminate them. That way I can write in dry erase markers on the enemy cards whenever there is some sort of modifier to their stats. Also, laminating really makes the cards more durable and the colors pop. Laminators are pretty cheap. You can get one for $20-$30 on amazon.com.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hobby stores sometimes offer laminating services. Mardel's, a bookstore chain, offers affordable lamination.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dillon Flaherty
United States
Severna Park
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
phiveball wrote:
This may or may not help. I don't use sleeves, but I did laminate them. That way I can write in dry erase markers on the enemy cards whenever there is some sort of modifier to their stats. Also, laminating really makes the cards more durable and the colors pop. Laminators are pretty cheap. You can get one for $20-$30 on amazon.com.

I had no idea they were that inexpensive! Are the regular supplies used to laminate stuff expensive? (similar to printer ink)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Felts
United States
Hamilton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
c4dillon wrote:
phiveball wrote:

I had no idea they were that inexpensive! Are the regular supplies used to laminate stuff expensive? (similar to printer ink)

The full page laminating pouches are ~$10-15 for 100 pouches I think...I just ordered 5 mil pouches from Amazon...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Embree
msg tools
mbmbmb
c4dillon wrote:
phiveball wrote:

You can certainly pay $100+ for them, but the one I use is Scotch brand. You can actually pick it up at walmart for under $20 (link below) and it works perfectly. As Tim said, the supplies aren't too bad either.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Scotch-Thermal-Laminator-2-Roller...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Price
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
You may find it worthwhile to find a corner clipper to round the corners after laminating. Makes handling them a lot nicer. You can generally find them in the hobby/craft stores, though finding a simple round corner punch can be difficult.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Pierce
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Not necessarily making them, but...

Item for Geeklist "Card Sleeve Sizes for Games"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Wrigley
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
I put all the larger cards into clear a4 protectors and into a binder. I'm on a mission today to find a5 protectors and binder for the smaller ones. They sell them at Staples, but are generally priced at a "using the corporate credit card" rate.

Has anyone found a way to get the rule books into a binder? They margins are too narrow to hole-punch. The only solution I can think is to destaple, cut the leafs in half, and sleeve them as well.

I'm sure I'm not the first to observe this, but SOB Storage might be the hardest pure strategy game on BBG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B. C.
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use these to store my rule books in a binder.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12-MAGAZINE-COLLECTION-HOLDERS-FOR...g
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Wrigley
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Do those magazine hinders allow you to open the pages?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B. C.
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. open the rule book in the middle feed it in. It then can close around the thin bar. No damage to the rule book and easy to remove/ return should you need to.

I did double the holders up as they are thin ( though they still worked ) it just felt more robust and seeing as I had some spare.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel U. Thibault
Canada
Québec
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
sgierlinger wrote:
Does anyone make sleeves for the hero and monster cards ?

bcwsupplies.com
BCW 1-EFDCSLV European First Day Cover Sleeves. 5 1/8 in by 7 13/16 in. 3.65 $US for 100, but the shipping is atrocious

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MSgt Keats
msg tools
I use document slevees and seal them with a food saver thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffen Büning
msg tools
I finally found some sleeves for the hero and monster sheets! Got the info of their existence from some forum posts using google, but so far it seems that no one has tryed them.

The reason for not trying had probably been the fact that swan pan asia usually states sizes of their sleeves by outer dimensions and not inner dimensions ( = card sizes). Well I was eager to finally find fitting sleeves, so I bought a bag and... tadaaa ... they fit perfectly to all heroes and monsters although the given sleeve width is the same as the hero sheet. There is no bending at all, just fitting perfectly (you have to cut the height of course to perfectly match the long side). I have just bought more of these and will report if those also fit or if it was just a lucky false production (I don't think so )

I got them from here (EU):

http://www.smiling-monster.com/Card-Sleeves/Premium-Sleeves/...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.