Subject: Problem with reshaping minis rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott K.
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am close to finishing the painting of the base set.

I used hot water (~200°f) to warm and reshape the barrels on the Web engineer and the legs of the probe droid. I used cold water (40°f) bath to cool plastic after reshaping.

The reshaping worked great, but after painting and clearcoating, the pieces have bent back to the original bend.surprise

Can I reheat and bend again with paint on? Is there a better technique to prevent going back to old shape?

I also did Vader's lightsSaber the same way, but it hhas held up its new shape.

Thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giannis T
Greece
Thessaloniki
EVOSMOS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You can also use hairdryer instead of hot water. I did it also when my minis where painted and didnt have a problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next total solar eclipse holiday in 2017 in the USA.
mbmbmbmbmb
You probably need a longer duration for the warming and cooling. Although they may eventually revert to their bent shape, it should take longer.

I have used hot water after painting. I use enamels, but in the FFG boards acrylic users have also indicated that it should work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leland Martel
msg tools
Sometimes it also requires multiple reshapings. It can be a pain, but worth it in the end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.