Subject: Difference between Red and Orange rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert P
United States
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I own the base game, but none of the expansions. How do the orange ships and planets compare to the red ships and planets? Are they easy to distinguish from one another if you were looking across the table in "average" lighting? I'm wondering because the photos posted in this forum vary, with some making red and orange look easily distinguishable from one another, and other photos making them seem quite similar.

I understand that as far as expansions go, Cosmic Incursion is generally regarded to be the "must have" one, for [basically] the sole reason of the Rewards Deck, but if you all could please be as non-biased as possible....please tell me honestly, what's the deal with the Red vs the Orange pieces?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't recall ever having issues with anyone recognizing the different colors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jefferson Krogh
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
robnixilis wrote:
I understand that as far as expansions go, Cosmic Incursion is generally regarded to be the "must have" one, for [basically] the sole reason of the Rewards Deck, but if you all could please be as non-biased as possible....please tell me honestly, what's the deal with the Red vs the Orange pieces?

They're very distinct. I've played well over 100 games with them, and never once had anyone mix them up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan S.
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll chime in with support that they really won't ever be confused. The orange is a very vibrant...I'll call it "Sunny Delight" color while the red is like the red of maraschino cherries. I've never experienced any player get them mixed up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KusHniR
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

It is not the best images but you can get the idea. They dont look the same .

I didnt took those pictures.. just googled it arrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Vreeland
United States
McLean
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I want to add that even if the colors were never confused I would still recommend getting a couple small sharpies and lining the ships because it makes them look amazing. It also gives you a chance to differentiate the two colors more by using different colored sharpies. I used a gold one for my orange ships and a black one for the red ships.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salman Qaisar
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
raether wrote:
I want to add that even if the colors were never confused I would still recommend getting a couple small sharpies and lining the ships because it makes them look amazing. It also gives you a chance to differentiate the two colors more by using different colored sharpies. I used a gold one for my orange ships and a black one for the red ships.

What a fantastic idea!
I can't paint, so didn't think of other options.
I've got a spare red ship, so I can parctic on that first, hopefully won't screw it up!
Have a GG, friend!

Btw Any pics?

Sal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.