$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 106.89

6,657 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
41.9% of Goal | left

Support:

Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Dead of Winter: The Long Night» Forums » Rules

Subject: Group Leaders? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Pickering
New Zealand
Rolleston
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can someone please explain what's the purpose of selecting a group leader? Is it purely thematic or does a leader have any extra abilities or advantages? Can't seem to find anything in the rulebook. TIA.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Moleman
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
I was saying boo-urns
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the player with the highest influence based on group leader [not all survivors] begins the game.

Outside of that, it is possible some crossroad cards may involve group leader usage [I can not confirm this as I haven't stumbled upon one myself but only had 1 play with TLN]. From what I remember from the original, group leaders were pointless.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
KingD21 wrote:
I believe the player with the highest influence based on group leader [not all survivors] begins the game.

Outside of that, it is possible some crossroad cards may involve group leader usage [I can not confirm this as I haven't stumbled upon one myself but only had 1 play with TLN]. From what I remember from the original, group leaders were pointless.


The leaders were intended for something in the base game, 2£,8£ later for taken out (but the leaders were left in). It was sort of hinted at that they would be used for something in The Long Night, but I haven't come across anything yet.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
If I had a nickel for every time I saw this question asked, I would have gotten a few copies of the game for free.

Here's the latest thread where it was asked and I gave as-comprehensive-as-possible of an answer:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1631836/whats-so-special-ab...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davy Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jozxyqk wrote:
If I had a nickel for every time I saw this question asked, I would have gotten a few copies of the game for free.

Here's the latest thread where it was asked and I gave as-comprehensive-as-possible of an answer:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1631836/whats-so-special-ab...


That thread is for the base game, though. It's possible that some people only have TLN and they never go to the forum for the base game.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Pickering
New Zealand
Rolleston
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
randomlife wrote:
jozxyqk wrote:
If I had a nickel for every time I saw this question asked, I would have gotten a few copies of the game for free.

Here's the latest thread where it was asked and I gave as-comprehensive-as-possible of an answer:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1631836/whats-so-special-ab...


That thread is for the base game, though. It's possible that some people only have TLN and they never go to the forum for the base game.


Indeed, thank you.

The perils of asking a question on bgg!!!

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.