Subject: penalties and pass rush in SOM football rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Hickey
United States
Galesburg
Illinois
flag msg tools
I find it hard to believe that official rules say there is a penalty chance or a pass rush chance, but not both, on a play. Does anyone out there use a 5th die to give the chance of a pass rush and a penalty on the same play? Does it give realistic results for the sacks? The penalty chart gives results for when a QB is tackled, but for the life of me I don't see how that can happen (except I suppose on the rare Must Run result. But it lists the penalty as Roughing, instead of a regular Personal Foul).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Lee
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Kevin,

I have been playing this great game since 1993 and I NEVER thought about that before! You are absolutely right! And obviously, I have never done the 5th die. Although frankly it does not bother me that you can't have a penalty DR and pass rush on the same play. I think it is built into the game with the majority of offensive penalties on a pass being the dreaded 10 yard holding call. So, this would not slow me down a bit.

Good catch, though! BISHOP

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.