Subject: The Bureaucrat rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J M
United States
Beaumont
Mississippi
flag msg tools
I guess there is something I'm not getting. Why would you ever replace the duke with this card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Glory to Rome!
badge
"Let each man pass his days in that wherein his skill is greatest" Propertius Sextus
mbmbmbmbmb
RockstarSuperVillain wrote:
I guess there is something I'm not getting. Why would you ever replace the duke with this card?

Game play variety.

Many games have a variable setup, all players are still on even footing, and the game is the same game, but you now have a new experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M
United States
Beaumont
Mississippi
flag msg tools
So for a random set up. I guess so. He seems way weaker than the duke with no positive qualities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Glory to Rome!
badge
"Let each man pass his days in that wherein his skill is greatest" Propertius Sextus
mbmbmbmbmb
RockstarSuperVillain wrote:
So for a random set up. I guess so. He seems way weaker than the duke with no positive qualities.

The Bureaucrat allows you to make a deal with another player (not that they have to abide by them). The person you say you'll be giving the coin to is less likely to call your bluff.

The entirety of Coup: Rebellion G54 is like this. Sure, some cards are stronger than others, but those cards are never in the same game as the one they replaced, so it doesn't really matter. Not every card is as strong as a Captain, and not every card is as weak as a Contessa. But they all have their place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.