$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 126.34

7,507 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
47.3% of Goal | left

Support:

Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
20 Posts

Mansions of Madness: Second Edition» Forums » General

Subject: Timeframe for new Scenarios? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Any official word on this i've missed?

Surpressed Memories and Reoccuring Nightmares are now starting to appear for sale, just wondering if anyone knew when the app will be updated?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavin Meakings
United Kingdom
Crawley
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was told the official release date for the expansions skins is the 22nd so I would expect the app to be updated then. Hopefully they have already submitted the update to Apple given the approval time delay.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marko Koivusalo
Finland
Jyväskylä
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Just saw them in my local store (pre-order). The pricing was pretty bad, 73 US Dollar for a single scenario

The cost would be acceptable with more scenarios (2 or ideally 3).

I am not going to buy them at that price, I will paint my figures and play rest of the scenarios before checking again.

Too bad, the game is rather good.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
paranoidi wrote:
Just saw them in my local store (pre-order). The pricing was pretty bad, 73 US Dollar for a single scenario

The cost would be acceptable with more scenarios (2 or ideally 3).

I am not going to buy them at that price, I will paint my figures and play rest of the scenarios before checking again.

Too bad, the game is rather good.


The price is mainly for the figures and tiles, not the scenarios.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R.P. Kraul
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
bleached_lizard wrote:
paranoidi wrote:
Just saw them in my local store (pre-order). The pricing was pretty bad, 73 US Dollar for a single scenario

The cost would be acceptable with more scenarios (2 or ideally 3).

I am not going to buy them at that price, I will paint my figures and play rest of the scenarios before checking again.

Too bad, the game is rather good.


The price is mainly for the figures and tiles, not the scenarios.


You're right. Unfortunately, the tiles and figures don't add much replay value. It's a really nice game, but I get the impression they rushed it out the door for Gencon, which results in marginal value for cost.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kev capps
United Kingdom
Gillingham
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Received dispatched email today from Chaos Cards
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Neave-Houghting
United Kingdom
Basildon
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
monkeyfunker wrote:
Received dispatched email today from Chaos Cards


We dispatched our preorders today too, the official release date is tomorrow so I'd expect that the app will update tomorrow too
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marko Koivusalo
Finland
Jyväskylä
Unspecified
flag msg tools
bleached_lizard wrote:

The price is mainly for the figures and tiles, not the scenarios.


Yeah, I know there is a lot of components in there. But it does not matter much as scenario based game with low replay value. Personally I would not see any increase in the value of the expansion(s) even if they had twice the tiles and monsters. IMO they need to deliver more content, not more components. If they at some point do that either for free or via small purchases then I'm going to definitely reconsider these expansions.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R.P. Kraul
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
paranoidi wrote:
bleached_lizard wrote:

The price is mainly for the figures and tiles, not the scenarios.


Yeah, I know there is a lot of components in there. But it does not matter much as scenario based game with low replay value. Personally I would not see any increase in the value of the expansion(s) even if they had twice the tiles and monsters. IMO they need to deliver more content, not more components. If they at some point do that either for free or via small purchases then I'm going to definitely reconsider these expansions.


Absolutely agree. I wish they would have spent their resources on scenarios, not components. Components are only relevant to the extent that the game offers variety. Honestly, $200 retail for six scenarios with minor variation--it's absurd. MOM 2ed is looking more and more like a game that ought to be brought out for Halloween and then put back on the shelf.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I honestly wonder with those complaining about replay value and lack of scenarios, how many have played all the scenarios and played them more than once? Or is this hypothetical bitching? I'm not only pleased with the replay value in this game, I've actually replayed this game many times. I can't say that about all the other games I own that boast massive replayability. The one thing this game has done that very few others has is actually encouraged me to replay it. I think it has to do with the easy setup...

-shnar
19 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
I honestly wonder with those complaining about replay value and lack of scenarios, how many have played all the scenarios and played them more than once? Or is this hypothetical bitching? I'm not only pleased with the replay value in this game, I've actually replayed this game many times. I can't say that about all the other games I own that boast massive replayability. The one thing this game has done that very few others has is actually encouraged me to replay it. I think it has to do with the easy setup...

-shnar


Agree with this. I still enjoy playing the first scenario very much (the one I've probably played most), and even enjoy replaying the second scenario (the one that is almost exactly the same every game) due to its difficulty.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Alder
United Kingdom

Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm inclined to agree with Shnar.

Although I agree the overarching plot of each scenario doesn't differ that much, the chosen characters, random starting items and the randomness of dice chucking always makes each play of the same scenario pan out differently even if the end result is the same.

For me it's the journey of getting to the end be it success or failure.

I'm confident that FFG will support this with additional scenario based expansions either to be free or purchased via the APP, time will tell.

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I replayed the first scenario expecting to be bored with it, and was shocked at how different the second playthrough was. Different map layout, different enemies, different items, different sequence of events. The only constant was the basic story, which is true of almost every other game. It seems like people are under the impression this game plays like Time Stories, where you've seen everything after 1 play of a scenario. Not true!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Janne
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
paranoidi wrote:
Just saw them in my local store (pre-order). The pricing was pretty bad, 73 US Dollar for a single scenario

The cost would be acceptable with more scenarios (2 or ideally 3).

I am not going to buy them at that price, I will paint my figures and play rest of the scenarios before checking again.

Too bad, the game is rather good.


Yeah, 66.1 59.5 60 euros for one box. I thought about those about 30 seconds and then ordered them. Oh well, expensive cardboard but at least complete set (for now).

Says one who bought Arkham Horror and all the expansions in about one months time period and only played base game and few additions couple of times.

[Edit: Price change]
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Colm
msg tools
mbmb
SpoDaddy wrote:
I replayed the first scenario expecting to be bored with it, and was shocked at how different the second playthrough was. Different map layout, different enemies, different items, different sequence of events. The only constant was the basic story, which is true of almost every other game. It seems like people are under the impression this game plays like Time Stories, where you've seen everything after 1 play of a scenario. Not true!


Comments like this one tend to annoy me. So you've played the first scenario twice and think you have an informed opinion? Sorry, you're incorrect. Play ALL of them, multiple times, and THEN you have an informed opinion about replayability. Maybe you will still feel the same, maybe you won't, but either way your comments will then have some weight.

Sorry to single you out but I see comments like this regularly. Gain more knowledge and THEN join the debate.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
High Flying Bird wrote:
SpoDaddy wrote:
I replayed the first scenario expecting to be bored with it, and was shocked at how different the second playthrough was. Different map layout, different enemies, different items, different sequence of events. The only constant was the basic story, which is true of almost every other game. It seems like people are under the impression this game plays like Time Stories, where you've seen everything after 1 play of a scenario. Not true!


Comments like this one tend to annoy me. So you've played the first scenario twice and think you have an informed opinion? Sorry, you're incorrect. Play ALL of them, multiple times, and THEN you have an informed opinion about replayability. Maybe you will still feel the same, maybe you won't, but either way your comments will then have some weight.

Sorry to single you out but I see comments like this regularly. Gain more knowledge and THEN join the debate.


His opinion appears to be perfectly valid for what he states.
12 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Love
United Kingdom
Coventry
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Drpretorios wrote:

Absolutely agree. I wish they would have spent their resources on scenarios, not components. Components are only relevant to the extent that the game offers variety.


They didn't spend many resources on it as it's all reprints of 1E material.

They're not great expansions for most players. Better expansions will be along shortly. It's less than two months since the game came out!

These packs were produced to address the complaining that was always bound to happen when they included a conversion kit for the bits in the game. People with gamer-OCD/completionism issues were frustrated at having to source three out-of-print boxes to get everything for 2E. These were made for that market. They are there so no-one has to miss out on anything or pay silly money for 1E on Ebay.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chronob64
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like there is an update for the ios app out.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marius Friedrichs
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, that was faster than expected. I thought those packs were coming at a later date. Didn't they say the packs would come in November and December? And now they're both already out!

It's a shame I'm already broke for this month (and even more that I still haven't played the core game).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
High Flying Bird wrote:
SpoDaddy wrote:
I replayed the first scenario expecting to be bored with it, and was shocked at how different the second playthrough was. Different map layout, different enemies, different items, different sequence of events. The only constant was the basic story, which is true of almost every other game. It seems like people are under the impression this game plays like Time Stories, where you've seen everything after 1 play of a scenario. Not true!


Comments like this one tend to annoy me. So you've played the first scenario twice and think you have an informed opinion? Sorry, you're incorrect. Play ALL of them, multiple times, and THEN you have an informed opinion about replayability. Maybe you will still feel the same, maybe you won't, but either way your comments will then have some weight.

Sorry to single you out but I see comments like this regularly. Gain more knowledge and THEN join the debate.

Why would you discount what he said? He didn't say that his anecdotal experience applied to all scenario, he just said he was impressed so far. And he's right to be so. I've played all the scenarios, multiple times, and not only are they replayable, I've never played a game that made it so easy to replay.

-shnar
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.