Popular Tags: [View All]
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
About to play my first session

Am I correct in assuming that once the deck empties, there will be an assault each round? So speed is of the essence?

Also, do the fire tokens from an assault go away after each round? If not, do they stack?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pax domina
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yes, if the deck is empty, there will be an Assault die roll(s) for each subsequent turn. Speed is always of the essence in this game. whistle

I thought I knew the answer to the 'do I remove the fire tokens' question. However, upon further investigation (page 9 of rulebook under part D: End of Turn Effects) you have me reconsidering the way I have been playing. I have always removed the Fire tokens even though page 9 clearly states that grenades get removed after doing their damage at round's end. This is actually thematic; they explode, do their damage, and, effectively, disappear.

Fire tokens say no such thing. In fact, stacking the tokens finally makes the Assault stipulation (on page 4 under Assault) 'the token is placed in the room with the fewest Fire tokens' make sense.

Upon this closer inspection of the rules, I would now have to say that, yes, the Fire tokens are persistent and do, indeed, stack.

I guess this game just got a little harder for me! wow

Uh, thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Larouche
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
Melting souls with cuteness since 2007
badge
Lovin' N-16
mbmbmbmbmb
paxdomina wrote:
Yes, if the deck is empty, there will be an Assault die roll(s) for each subsequent turn. Speed is always of the essence in this game. whistle

I thought I knew the answer to the 'do I remove the fire tokens' question. However, upon further investigation (page 9 of rulebook under part D: End of Turn Effects) you have me reconsidering the way I have been playing. I have always removed the Fire tokens even though page 9 clearly states that grenades get removed after doing their damage at round's end. This is actually thematic; they explode, do their damage, and, effectively, disappear.

Fire tokens say no such thing. In fact, stacking the tokens finally makes the Assault stipulation (on page 4 under Assault) 'the token is placed in the room with the fewest Fire tokens' make sense.

Upon this closer inspection of the rules, I would now have to say that, yes, the Fire tokens are persistent and do, indeed, stack.

I guess this game just got a little harder for me! wow

Uh, thanks.

The fire tokens do stay forever. This is effectively the game clock.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fay Florian
France
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys,

I confirm,but it is not necessary, the right answers!

Quote:
I guess this game just got a little harder for me!

Even if you reduce the life points to 2 ?

Have fun
Mrf
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pax domina
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Misterfourmi wrote:
Even if you reduce the life points to 2 ?

Hey, I don't do that anymore... it was only in the beginning!!

Actually, I ran my first two games with -2 the Enemy max life points and it made the game seem -- possible.

Glad I did it and now understand how to lose gracefully with Enemies at max life! Guess I'll just have to lose even harder now with a little less grace.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.