2 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM

Subject: New Game of Kepler rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig M
msg tools
mbmb
I am playtesting a new game, using a PBEM-like approach, and the second game in the series will end soon.

The game is a 5-player wargame-Euro blend, set on a struggling planetary colony. It features resource management, worker placement, simultaneous submission of military orders, and shifting alliances.

Somewhat out-of-date trailer here:
https://youtu.be/RrLiZLibHs8

Although the trailer shows the Tabletop Simulator version, the PBEM game is run using a 2D digital version, via the team software "Slack", which allows posting of board updates, instant messaging, and so on.

The pace of play is roughly one Action per day, with weekends off.

In terms of weight, the game is about as heavy as Dominant Species or Game of Thrones. Some of the mechanics closely resemble Puerto Rico.

The rules have been refined during the last two playtests and I am keen to see how the new rules play out. I think the game offers a lot of strategic depth, and would be interested to see what approach people take.

Please PM me if you are interested.

Cheers,

Arcuate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig M
msg tools
mbmb
Just need one more player...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.