Popular Tags: [View All]
William Curtis
United States
Prospect Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaiju Incorporated

Kaiju Incorporated is a new Game being produced by Evil Hat Productions. It is a 2-5 player game where the following facts are in place:

1. You own a company
2. Giant Killer Kaiju are attacking the world (Not all like Godzilla)
3. You want to build properties and make new products from the leavings of the Kaiju (You realize there is money to be made in dead Kaiju)...

Now, on to the game itself:

Play is relatively fast and there are hidden Easter eggs to be found (look at the Melbourne Location names for an example)... Each player selects a card, then they all select their action to take (Build it or Discard it to gain resources)... Next player then goes... Sounds simple, but there are catches - like some of the resources:

Resources...
1. Money - You have a limited amount of Money Units (Yen) (Which is how you purchase buildings to generate more resources)
2. Eureka - You have a circular track for Eureka (Which is how you get new Products, which in turn provide Victory Points)
3. Kaiju - The Negative Resource, also a circular track that when you get to the end you take the effects of the current Kaiju, and then discard them and reveal a new Kaiju.

There are also 2 types of Buildings, ones that Proc (Generate Resources) on Your Turn and ones that Proc on Rival's Turns (move valuable the more rivals there are).

So each turn you can buy a new Building and not get any resources or you can discard a selected building (not one you own) and generate resources...

The time limit to the game is based on the New Products (Victory Point Generators) as when you hit a certain one the game ends that turn.

My Score for this game (Based on 2 player and 4 player games) is 8 of 10 as follows:

1. Production Quality - 10 - Nice cards, Good Art, Fun to Play
2. Game Play - 8 - I see some things that can be added, but alone the base cards are FUN.
3. Repetition - 7 - Will be fun to play a bunch of times, but needs more of everything to play more... More Buildings, more Companies, more New products, and especially MORE KAIJU!!!!!

Definitely a Should Buy for almost anyone...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maya
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just wanna know one thing - WHERE is my GOD-DAMN SHOE?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Curtis
United States
Prospect Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gryphon Tracks wrote:

???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maya
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wystan wrote:
Gryphon Tracks wrote:

???

In Pacific Rim, there is a guy named Hannibal Chau who has cornered the market in kaiju body parts. He is played by Ron Perlman and is one of the best parts of the movie. This is one of his lines from the end of the movie.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.