Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Hayter
United States
Verona
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmb
How about a new expansion for Puerto Rico?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dick Butler
United States
Paynesville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Like some earlier posters on this thread, I'm already a subscriber to KB. This is the first I've heard of the demise of Games Quarterly. Too bad,but I only subscribed for the expansions and to have something to do while waiting for KB. I ordered all the back issues of KB and am subscribed half way through the millenium, I think, but welcome the extension. KB is whateveryone says it is, a great mag with outstanding articles and informative reviews. I even read the ads religioiusly!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy O'Neal
United States
Mechanicsville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to Knucklebones for making this fine gesture... I subscribed to Games Quarterly for the expansions also... Hopefully, KB will be able to continue...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Babb
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I too was already a Kbones subscriber and the extra three issues is going to be sweet! Knucklebones deserves a big round of applause.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Harding
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was originally a Games International subscriber, and Knucklebones took over the subscribers when Games International folded. I really enjoy Knucklebones, so it was a great find and have further extended my subscription. I am not surprised to see Games Quarterly going under and would have let my subscription lapse anyway, so am more than happy to get an extra Knucklebone or two from it.

Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Grieshop
United States
Temple Terrace
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've read both Knucklebones and Games Quarterly from the first issues, and I enjoyed both of them. I'm very sad to hear about the GQ demise - especially with them adding the cool expansions to each issue. I hope KB can do the same thing.

It is very nice to see a company step up to fill a void like this - they clearly see the opportunity here, but more importantly, they are offering to work with the GQ subscriber base and to earn some of that readership.

Kudos to Knucklebones!

Russell

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Weeks
England
Sudbury
Suffolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also had my Games International subscription upheld by the good folks at KB. I'm always impressed at the depth of the historical articles, so I'll be renewing. Thanks guys

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Goldenbogen
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Too funny. I just opened my mail to find my first GQ magazine. Walked over to my computer just to find it no longer exists. Thanks Knucklebones for offering this. Great way to win business.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Spitzley
United States
Belleville
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I've signed up...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Robben
United States
Spring Hill
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have sent the email twice and both times I got an error message. message refused, returned transcript, etc...

Any ideas as to why?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Fleischman
United States
Brookfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
vandemonium wrote:
Within minutes of sending an email I had a response and confirmation of that my GQ subscription qualified.

I didn't realize they offered this for Gentleman's Quarterly as well

Knucklebones also offered, as an incentive to renew, two free one-year gift subscriptions to non-subscribers. I certainly took advantage of it to send subscriptions to two gamer friends who hadn't heard of magazine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Plainwell
Michigan
flag msg tools
Et in Vantasia ego
mbmbmbmbmb
gjfleischman wrote:
vandemonium wrote:
Within minutes of sending an email I had a response and confirmation of that my GQ subscription qualified.

I didn't realize they offered this for Gentleman's Quarterly as well

Knucklebones also offered, as an incentive to renew, two free one-year gift subscriptions to non-subscribers. I certainly took advantage of it to send subscriptions to two gamer friends who hadn't heard of magazine.

No, no that was Geek's Quarterly!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Capach
United States
Keene
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have bought Knucklebones a couple times from my friendly local gaming store and was very happy with it. In reality, when it came down to subscribing I only chose Games Quarterly because of the expansions. I am so glad Knucklebones is picking up the subscriptions, though, because I really enjoy the magazine. Thanks so much Knucklebones for picking up the GQ subscriptions!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Plainwell
Michigan
flag msg tools
Et in Vantasia ego
mbmbmbmbmb
Kalidor wrote:
I have sent the email twice and both times I got an error message. message refused, returned transcript, etc...

Any ideas as to why?

They could have filled up their inbox. Some of the Knuclebones folks seem to be watching this thread, I'm sure they'll sort it out for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Bourrillion
United States
Mountain View
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Classy move --> I subscribed.

Wishing you all the best in this hellish industry. Just based on scanning the covers your content looks great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Yeackle
United States
San Luis Obispo
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kalidor wrote:

Any ideas as to why?

They seem to have an aggressive spam filter. When I got my response, I noticed that the subject line had an appended "SPAM" at the beginning of it, which usually means a filter marked it as questionable. You may have sent your email from a domain that's blacklisted for some reason, or at a bad time. If the problem persists, try creating a generic hotmail account and sending again.

Also make sure to put 'Games Quarterly' as the subject in case you weren't. G'luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Smulling
United States
Cranston
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seeing as I don't have a copy of Knucklebones in front of me; where do I go to subscribe? Is there a handy URL for subscriptions?

Thanks,
Allan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
mbmbmbmbmb
Smullster wrote:
Seeing as I don't have a copy of Knucklebones in front of me; where do I go to subscribe? Is there a handy URL for subscriptions?

http://www.kbones.com/subscribe/default.asp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Mikulaschek
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What a class act. I've looked into subscribing to KB for a few months now and just signed up for 3 years!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There was some very good news on Boardgame News today in a Q&A with Jay Tummelson of Rio Grande Games:

Quote:
Q. With the recent demise of Games Quarterly Magazine, will Rio Grande include expansions with Knucklebones magazine?

A. We are working on that now, yes!

(Source: http://www.boardgamenews.com/index.php/boardgamenews/comment...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Len Robinson
Canada
Lethbridge
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got my first issue of Knucklebones today as a result of this offer and I must say I am very pleased with the quality of the articles and the reviews.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derian Reuss
United States
West Lafayette
IN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I had only subscribed to Games Quarterly for the inserts, so if they aren't able to secure the inserts then I'll have to evaluate whether it's worthwhile to renew when my subscription ends. On the other hand, I bought a copy of Carcasonne only after (and largely because of) receiving the bonus tiles from GQ. I've since also purchased the XBox 360 Live Arcade version of Carcasonne and will likely also purchase the extra tiles for it if/when they get released. In my case, those extra 12 tiles translated into a pretty large amount of sales for the overall brand, and I'm further considering some of the extra packs (beyond what's included in the Big Box).

I think the ability to drive product sales by publishers dropping a couple inserts on knucklebones is huge and shouldn't be overlooked. As someone relatively new to the hobby that doesn't have a huge library of games, packaged inserts on a game I don't already own stand a good chance of driving a purchase of the base game and possibly further expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.