War Stories: Liberty Road» Forums » General

Subject: Is this series continuing? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jules Redmand
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
I saw that there were two planned expansions for the two games in the series but then saw that the company had folded, does anybody know if these games will be continued?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom M
United Kingdom
Colchester
Essex
flag msg tools
I think there may be. But along way off. The license was picked up by Artana games and they are in heavy development for their new legacy game Origins.
but I believe there must be more war stories in the back ground, because in another forum they published a second edition rulebook. Not a change of rules, just a change in layout / explanation and they wanted to see if it made it easier to learn. Why would they bother if they didn't plan on continuing the series?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jules Redmand
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Ravanna09 wrote:
I think there may be. But along way off. The license was picked up by Artana games and they are in heavy development for their new legacy game Origins.
but I believe there must be more war stories in the back ground, because in another forum they published a second edition rulebook. Not a change of rules, just a change in layout / explanation and they wanted to see if it made it easier to learn. Why would they bother if they didn't plan on continuing the series?

I saw the Artana link and yes there is a certain logic with a second edition ruleset, as you say why bother if they don't plan on continuing with the series.

What provoked me to ask was that I saw on this site expansions for Satlingrad and Destert Rats dated 2014 and no update posts about them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Coelho
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Isn't Artana just a rebranded Conquistador Games? Pretty sure it is.

I don't think the company folded. And IIRC the planned expansions for War Stories were nixed based on the poor sales from an admittedly chaotically designed game. Was a huge fan of original designer Michael Tan when it was first getting going, but they had a major meltdown mid-design, and a new designer was brought in to salvage the wreckage.

To be honest, it is a miracle that a game this ambitious was released at all. That it has enough believers to warrant a fixing of the mess of a rule book is inspiring.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Tan
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
That's me and my other pastime. I perform as John Lennon in several Beatles tribute acts.
mbmbmbmbmb
The game series has sold out so the publishing rights have reverted back to the original designer - me. I intend on continuing the game series although I am presently working with Artana to sort out the details of the transition...

Mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
Ste-Thérèse
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
m3tan wrote:
The game series has sold out so the publishing rights have reverted back to the original designer - me. I intend on continuing the game series although I am presently working with Artana to sort out the details of the transition...

Mike

Great news! If you need any help, let it be known.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.