Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Gallant
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We just received our pre-launch kit at the Board Room Game Cafe in Halifax Nova Scotia and there are a bunch of promo cards that go with the game that are all identical. Do you only need one for gameplay purposes or are there multiples of other similar cards in the game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak

Ann Arbor
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmb
Cheeseburger wrote:
We just received our pre-launch kit at the Board Room Game Cafe in Halifax Nova Scotia and there are a bunch of promo cards that go with the game that are all identical. Do you only need one for gameplay purposes or are there multiples of other similar cards in the game?

Only need one per game, I believe. Though I have seen someone say their LGS gave them 2 promo cards with their purchase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Schutte
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Interesting I got 4 with mine, guess I should pull them out of the deck. They're just slight better than the 14 mc astroid standard event, I think they kill 2 plants. (Paying 3 extra to draft it makes it not really worth it)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Clevidence
United States
Woodburn
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty sure it's just one. There's only one copy of every regular card in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
randall fischer

Warren
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got this at Gencon, and strangely, they did not have promos for us there. I'd gladly pay for shipping for one if someone wants...I'd love to eat a promo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak

Ann Arbor
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmb
ChaplainCassius wrote:
I got this at Gencon, and strangely, they did not have promos for us there. I'd gladly pay for shipping for one if someone wants...I'd love to eat a promo

Well...the dude above said he got 4 with his....LOL
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be willing to pay for the promo + shipping if anyone has duplicates they'd like to rid themselves of.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Meyer
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ditto - do want! I was lucky to snag this at GenCon, but I'd love to work out something for a promo. Geekmail me if anyone is interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James McKane
United States
Norfolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Same here for getting the promo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Örjan Almén
Sweden
Karlstad
flag msg tools
mbmb
I think that the designers idea that all cards should be unique is great, and therefore I would only add one promo card to the deck.

I think the idea for giving out more promo cards than games to the FLGS was that they actually would hand out to interested people as a promo thing, not just with those who bought the game.

If I got more than one promo card, I'd sell the extras to anyone who wants, or hand it out to friends as promo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Only 1 promo card per game. As Örjan said, the main purpose of the cards is to raise interest and awareness about the game and in one card try to sum up the theme.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Are your copies available for purchase yet? I was really hoping you guys would participate in the pre-launch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gallant
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
leviathansmiles wrote:
Are your copies available for purchase yet? I was really hoping you guys would participate in the pre-launch.

If you are talking about the Board Room Game Cafe in Halifax NS, then we'll be putting them on the shelf tomorrow!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Perry
United States
Red Lion
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
Also looking for a promo. Willing to pay for a copy plus shipping right away. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.