49% of Goal | left

Support:

Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just curious. It seems weird.

Also, are there any differences between prints? I have a 2015 print of the copy (+ 2015 prints of FL and Strange Remnants) and I was wondering whether there was anything different from the initial prints.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AdelinDumitru wrote:

Also, are there any differences between prints? I have a 2015 print of the copy (+ 2015 prints of FL and Strange Remnants) and I was wondering whether there was anything different from the initial prints.

FFG does that a lot. The original designer doesn't always have much to do with the expansions of games, beyond some general oversight.

For one reason, it allows a new perspective on the game. For another, it allows new designers to get a feel for the process before doing a new game.

In this case, Corey is now FFG's exec designer. He was probably riding shotgun with a new designer to get the line up and running and has turned it over to Nikki full time now. I wouldn't be surprised if a new person is swapped in at some point on future expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysiek Domański
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AdelinDumitru wrote:

Long time ago, I have read somewhere that Corey Konieczka haven't much work to do with Eldritch Horror design. I don't know if it's true but it makes sense for me.
It's possible that he mainly supervised the design process, and his name was included there so people could think "Hey, another game from Corey Konieczka who already designed all these great games!". Nikki Valens wasn't well known at that time, as far as I know.
Once Eldritch Horror succeeded, neither the marketing tricks nor the supervision was no longer needed. At this moment we're already aware that Nikki Valens is awesome.

Again, I don't know if any of these is true. It's a (somewhat educated) guess based with a hearsay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nikki Valens <3
If you have a rules question, she will always answer you within 24 hours.
Who else is in the Nikki Valens fanclub?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Le Roux Van Der Vyver
msg tools
Me me me!

Mad Love for Nikki.

Didn't know who she was or what Eldritch Horror was 3 months ago, oh what an empty life I was living
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
Roger the Alien wrote:
Who else is in the Nikki Valens fanclub?

Reporting for duty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michael mcguire
msg tools
"Why was this game designed by 2 people but only 1 of them designed the expansions?"
The obvious answer is that the original designer went insane...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.