37.8% of Goal | 26 Days Left

Support:

soulblight
Canada
Ottawa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Previous thread: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1569527/multiple-snipers

I have the same question, and I'm not sure the answer of that thread clears it up.
I'll describe a specific scenario:

It's a 3 player game and it's the Initiator's Resource Gathering phase.
Both other players have one Sniper each.

The Initiator hunts for 4 with a Hunter and a Spear. Both players want to snipe the Hunter.

Does it work like this?:

- The phase is paused to allow for Special Actions.

- Player to the right of Initiator says "snipe your hunter" and plays a Sniper, or says "pass."

- If they say "snipe your hunter" and play the card, then both the Sniper and the Hunter are discarded. The 3rd player does nothing as there is no target for their Sniper.

- If the second player says "pass" then the third player can now say "snipe your hunter" and play a Sniper, or say "pass."

Or does it work like this?:

- Both other players must play their interrupt card simultaneously.

What happens in this case?
Does the player to the right have the decision to "take back" the Sniper into their hand and not play it? Are they required to use it?

If they're required to use it, does the third player have the option to take the Sniper back into their hand? Are they required to use it also?
If yes then the third player just wasted a valuable Sniper.

If the player to the right has the option to take the Sniper back into their hand, must the third player resolve theirs?
Can they both take the Sniper back into their hand?

What stops either player from holding back their Sniper to see if the other is going to play one first so that they still have the element of surprise and the information advantage for the next players turn/future Skirmish?

Now if the player to the right has a Sniper and the third player has a Saboteur, then obviously if the player to the right snipes then the third player might want to save their Saboteur for a future interaction.

Can the third player hold off on their Saboteur Special Action to see if the player to the right has one first?
What if the player to the right wants to wait to see if the third player is going to interrupt first?

It is because of these confusing and awkward timing situations that I think the "pass or play, in turn order, before the next player has a chance to do so" system works the best.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David E
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Boardgame Aesthete
mbmbmbmbmb
Player to the right goes first. He Snipes the Hunter.

The next player then has the opportunity to interrupt. Since the Hunter has already been Sniped, he plays no card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
soulblight
Canada
Ottawa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
That's what I was thinking would work the best. Thank you for the reply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.