Subject: Gum under a tabletop rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary: Those who do, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
Poll
Anonymity guaranteed, unless you reveal yourself in the comments-- Have you ever stuck your gum to the underside a table in a restaurant/ cafe/ bar?
Yes
No
      93 answers
Poll created by MABBY
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary: Those who do, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
I was at a pub on Monday evening, sitting on a balcony.
I wanted to move our small table out of the direct sunlight, so I grabbed the edges and... my right hand hit a lump of still-sticky gum, on the bottom of it. yuk

Who does that??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I fight lost wars, see light, fear sight
badge
I open my mind, need flesh, fear mine
mbmbmbmbmb
Gum, no. A KFC burger, yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Easy for me to say no though, I don't, have never, and will never chew gum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Salamone
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Aggravating people worldwide since 1964
mbmbmbmbmb
Putting gum under the desks at school was pretty common when I was a kid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Vondra
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bar/Cafe/Restaurant... Never!

Middle School Lunchroom... whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
shumyum
United States
flag msg tools
♒♒♒♒♎♒♒♒♒ sloooowly sinking
In fifth grade, I got into a snowball fight and for safety reasons (huh?) I stuck my gum behind my ear (wha?). To this day, I don't know what I was thinking on those two counts.

Anyway, I was wearing a rainbow mitre-like ski hat (this was the mid-70s) and by the time recess was over the gum covered a good nine square inches of hair.

I decided to leave my hat on the rest of the day.

My music teacher had none of it and thought I was embarrassed about a new haircut.

I pleaded, "Can't a kid wear a hat?" (a catchphrase I still use to this day) but she still had none of it.

I finally came up to the front of class, the two of us hid behind the piano and I let her peek under my hat to see the grisly situation. She sent me to the nurse who sent me home.

After the ol' ice-cube-and-peanut-butter trick didn't in fact do the trick, my mom ended up giving me a nice short haircut for real. The internet might have come in handy at that point but the true damage was way past done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Salamone
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Aggravating people worldwide since 1964
mbmbmbmbmb
shumyum wrote:
the gum covered a good nine square inches of hair.

When I was 6 or 7 years old I was at a friend's house. We were sitting at a picnic table in his back yard building something out of Popsicle sticks and Elmer's glue. I leaned over and my hair got into the glue. I had lock of hair covered in a big, white blob of glue hanging down the center of my forehead. We wiped some of it out, but we couldn't get it all. So, my friend grabbed a pair of scissors and cut off a chunk of hair (we didn't think anyone would notice). As soon as I got home, my mother shouted, "What happened to your hair?!?!" Luckily, she was a hairdresser and was able to disguise the damage (somewhat).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Norris
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
...and J-Pop too!!!!
badge
Raina rocks!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got the worst of the worst.

Way back in one of my college days I was super sick, but still made it to chemistry class. I was doing great until about halfway though. That is when the juicy coughs started. Embarrassing.

At the very end of the class I let out this massive one as everyone was packing away and brought my hand up in time. After that I felt great!

Then I looked at my hand.......there was a massive wad of green phlegm all over it. I mean HUGE!

My first thought was looking at my bag and thinking, "Well my bag is green." Then I came to my senses and did something far worse.

I reached right under the chair and wiped my hand clean. I still feel bad about that one.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Happy Holidays! ABCDEFGHIJK MNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
In memorium. Bob Hoover died 25 Oct 2016 at 94. In WWII he was shot down in a Spitfire and stole an FW-190 to escape. He spent decades at air shows flying Ole Yeller, shown
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
demondude777 wrote:
Way back in one of my college days I was super sick, but still made it to chemistry class. I was doing great until about halfway though. That is when the juicy coughs started. Embarrassing.

Doctors call those "productive coughs". They keep that junk out of your lungs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
howl hollow howl
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
No, but once I submerged my finished cigarette into a ketchup bottle. I've got all kinds of nasty karma comin' my way...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Ku
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Lola Cat 2010-2014
mbmbmb
Oh god...I hate gum under the table. If I'm sitting on a chair or at a table and I find out there's gum underneath, I have to move.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Norris
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
...and J-Pop too!!!!
badge
Raina rocks!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Tall_Walt wrote:
demondude777 wrote:

Doctors call those "productive coughs". They keep that junk out of your lungs.

It definitely stayed out that time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♬♪♪ ♫ ♩ ♫♫♪ ♩♬♪ ♫
Australia
MURRUMBEENA
Victoria
flag msg tools
All reality is a game. Physics at its most fundamental, the very fabric of our universe, results directly from the interaction of certain fairly simple rules, and chance... (Iain Banks)
mbmbmbmbmb
No to the gum thing, but teenage me might have flipped a McDonalds pickle so that it stuck to the restaurant ceiling blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Sklar
Canada
Dollard-des-Ormeaux
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Back in college, I used to enjoy making a cube out of the wax that Babybel cheese comes packaged in and tossing the cube up to the ceiling to get it stuck. It was like little red stalactites!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Sandy Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No and I believe people who do should be summarily executed on the spot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Useless comment to sooth the OCD sensibilities, and put this thread in line with the other copycats.

Ahhhhh!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.