Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
noticed there's been no updates, since dec 2015...and other than the silly "cortex" (on steam) there doesn't seem to be any content, movement, anywhere...

did i miss something? (hopefully)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Buchholz
United States
Middleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope, Believe the funding may have shrunk and they just have enough to tinker, it isn't officially "dead" but they don't seem to want to "fail" either, so it never launches

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jochen Balzer
Germany
Unterneukirchen
Bavaria
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
IIRC on the webside of Firefly Online the head of development has written that he doesn't want to tell any news containing any dates. In the past he did exactly that and couldn't hold these dates so the whole community was extremely disappointed.

So they should be working on Firefly Online but without any news.
I really don't like this kind of behaviour. I'm used to the kind of handling with updates like e.g. Blizzard. "It's finishes when it's finished". But there are some little pieces you can read about games or updates.

A complete lack of information normally is the worst you could do.

So let's hope that there will be anything in the near future we can read about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill H
United States
Absecon
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"Shijuro" in Awatum (Serpent's Tongue)
badge
"A master in the art of living draws no sharp distinction between his work and his play, his labour and his leisure, his mind and his body, his education and his recreation." LP Jacks
mbmbmbmbmb
And, to be clear, you're referring to "Firefly Online", a separate MMO RPG, not "the PC version of the game"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Are we talking about the Firefly MMO or a computer version of the board game?

If the MMO, someone posted not long ago on fireflyfans.net that they reached out to the design team and were told that there were legal issues behind the delays. That may also be at play in anything Firefly, given that the renaissance of a 2013-2015 seems to have largely dried up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
if you are referring to a PC version of the board game, there has been one that was made. Not sure if it was for Tabletop Simulator or Vassal at this point (it's been a while since I saw anything about it). Last I knew it was finished and playable though.

If you are referring to the actual PC MMO game, then the others have already pretty much answered that one for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
here are a few that i'd been following:

- https://keepflying.com/the-game

- or (this was the developer for the PC game, but i don't see it even listed anymore) http://www.sparkpluggames.com/#!products/c1otc )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ender02 wrote:
if you are referring to a PC version of the board game, there has been one that was made. Not sure if it was for Tabletop Simulator or Vassal at this point (it's been a while since I saw anything about it). Last I knew it was finished and playable though.

If you are referring to the actual PC MMO game, then the others have already pretty much answered that one for you.
i hadn't seen any anywhere, where you could actually play solo...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duffy Carter
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rimworld reportedly gives that Firefly feeling on PC. I haven't had the chance to play it yet though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Munin wrote:
Rimworld reportedly gives that Firefly feeling on PC. I haven't had the chance to play it yet though.
took a quick look, and in all honesty it sure doesn't look anything like a FireFly PC game...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Min C.

Oregon
msg tools
As a prime example of how this can go downhill I respectfully point you to https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rrpgt/robotech-rpg-tact... that fiasco that is still on-going.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Saunders
United States
Hot Springs
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gwek wrote:
Are we talking about the Firefly MMO or a computer version of the board game?

If the MMO, someone posted not long ago on fireflyfans.net that they reached out to the design team and were told that there were legal issues behind the delays. That may also be at play in anything Firefly, given that the renaissance of a 2013-2015 seems to have largely dried up.

Not to give the rumor mill too hard a tweak or anything, but is there any hope that this happening during a time when Nathan Fillion and Joss Whedon aren't tied to any big projects is more than just a coincidence???

Probably not...but I can dream!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.