Jay Tummelson
United States
Placitas
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
We have decided it is time to given Dominion (and Intrigue) a facelift. Accordingly, we have created new covers and replaced a few cards in each game to make them even more interesting and fun to play. For those who already have these games, we are offering upgrade packs that contain the new cards so players who do not want to buy a whole new game for these new cards can get just the new cards. In addition to new cards and covers, we have cleaned up the rules and card text to eliminate confusion. We have also removed the extra Base Cards from Intrigue, which will reduce the cost; players who want to play with 5-6 players can still get the Base Cards set for the extra cards needed. With Dominion, second edition, we have changed the Base cards to artwork similar to that found previously in Base Cards.

The games have been produced and we expect to begin shipping them to distributors next week.

Jay
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schumann
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Where and when can we expect upgrade packs? I think I'd rather get those so I can have both the new and old editions.

I'm very much looking forward to seeing these!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald X.
United States
flag msg tools
designer
Whizkid wrote:
Where and when can we expect upgrade packs? I think I'd rather get those so I can have both the new and old editions.

I'm very much looking forward to seeing these!

The Update Packs will come out at the exact same time as the new editions of Dominion and Intrigue. I expect that will be very soon - within a week. I can't say the exact day for sure; Intrigue and the Update Packs are already printed and RGG has them, and RGG is waiting on Dominion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Happy Holidays! ABCDEFGHIJK MNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
In memorium. Bob Hoover died 25 Oct 2016 at 94. In WWII he was shot down in a Spitfire and stole an FW-190 to escape. He spent decades at air shows flying Ole Yeller, shown
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
Will we get a making-of post discussing what came and went and why?

Thank you, Jay and Donald!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald X.
United States
flag msg tools
designer
Tall_Walt wrote:
Will we get a making-of post discussing what came and went and why?

Yes, I have that written and will post it when the products are available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now THIS is how you post some news! (except you post it in the News section) I actually just very recently got around to getting Intrigue, but this will definitely be high on my wishlist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.