Quantum» Forums » General

Subject: How to Keep Track of Actions/Moves/Abilities rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin Brown

Rosenberg
Texas
msg tools
I keep loosing track of which ships moved themselves and which were moved by other ships (still have an opportunity to move), not to mention how many actions I've used each turn. How are ya'll keeping it all straight when you unload a wicked combo?

For keeping track of which ships have used their ability, we've started twisting the dice 45 degrees.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Luchetti
United States
Glastonbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never seen this problem - though I've only played a few times.

I'd say grab little wooden or plastic cubes from another game (or buy a few) and put them on top of any dice that have used their abilities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Clinite
msg tools
mbmb
I grabbed some change: 3 quarters, 3 dimes, and a number of pennies equal to your deployed ships. The quarters represent your actions, the pennies represent ship abilities, and dimes represent anything else (namely command cards). When a ship performs a move/attack, you put a quarter on top of them; when they use their ship ability, you put a penny on top (stacking it on top of any quarter).

Usually seems to add more fiddliness than needed, but helpful to have on hand when the game starts getting complicated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris G
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Little tokens is probably the best way to handle it, though I've never had this problem myself. Even if I've lost track, my opponents never do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Brown

Rosenberg
Texas
msg tools
We'll try your suggestions to use tokens or coins as markers. Thanks all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J-F Beaudoin
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Transparent bingo chips should do the trick.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler DeLisle
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been trying to think of something. I think just having some sort of "chip" that you get 3 of and can flip when you do an action would mostly work. I feel like it's easier to manage when you've used a die, but sometimes that gets tricky with 3-warps, anything to place next to the ship would work for that, but a little too fiddly for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Gracia
United States
Chapel Hill
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't tried this yet, but I've always to get some of those plastic see-thru, coin-like tokens like the ones in Lords of Vegas. I think they might work well for marking used dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.