GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 88.2

5,780 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
36.4% of Goal | 26 Days Left

Support:

Balth Maligne
msg tools
mbmbmb
The title pretty much asks the question, but here is a more eloquent version. I've checked the FAQ and took a look around, but I can't find an answer.

EXAMPLE 1: I have one facedown Damage. An effect in the game requires me to flip two Damage faceup. What happens?

EXAMPLE 2: I have one facedown Horror. An effect in the game demands a gain one facedown horror, and then flip faceup three Horror. What happens?

This seems like such a gimme, but for the life of me I haven't found an answer!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Balth wrote:
EXAMPLE 1: I have one facedown Health. An effect in the game requires me to flip two Damage faceup. What happens?

I'll assume you mean you've suffered one facedown Damage. You only flip the one you have.

Balth wrote:
EXAMPLE 2: I have one facedown Horror. An effect in the game demands a gain one facedown horror, and then flip faceup three Horror. What happens?

You gain a second one, then flip both.

There is a debate on what happens if the flipping causes you to gain the second damage or third horror you didn't have before, whether you flip that new card too, but I prefer to just determine the pool when the condition triggers, so it's the same as above.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Balth Maligne
msg tools
mbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
I'll assume you mean you've suffered one facedown Damage.

I sure did. Edited.

So my understanding is that you believe that even in the scenario of having 6 facedown damage and being asked to flip 3, you...

SCENARIO A: Draw 3 randomly from your damage. Then resolve them one at a time.

instead of...

SCENARIO B: Pick 1 randomly, resolve, shuffle. Repeat 2 more times.

Any rules citation or dev quote for that? Not that I think it's wrong, but my gaming buddies can be sticklers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no ruling to support either method. I just hate reshuffling, so I go with the method I prefer for now.

Edit: The rules only say:

"When an effect instructs an investigator to flip one or more
Damage or Horror faceup, he selects those cards at random from
among all of his facedown Damage or Horror cards."

And this wording supports both common methods of resolving the flipping of multiple cards (pre-select, or multiple reshuffles).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.