Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
SPACEBOY
Ecuador
Quito
Pichincha
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys. I've thought about using this variant: At the begining of each round, the starting player rolls all the black dice and put them in the designated space on the board. Could this improve strategically the choice of black dice?

If you think it'd be too strong, how about: "The cost (in camels) of taking a black die is equal to the number of black dice currently on the gameboard"? Or, maybe: "The first black die bought in a round costs 4 camels, then, every other black dice costs 3 camels (as per the normal rules)"?

Just some ideas. Any feedback will be appreciated meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
www.Meetup.com/ArizonaGames
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are we trying to make the black dice less important/strong or more? I can't tell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FinrondFelagund wrote:
Hi guys. I've thought about using this variant: At the begining of each round, the starting player rolls all the black dice and put them in the designated space on the board. Could this improve strategically the choice of black dice?

If you think it'd be too strong, how about: "The cost (in camels) of taking a black die is equal to the number of black dice currently on the gameboard"? Or, maybe: "The first black die bought in a round costs 4 camels, then, every other black dice costs 3 camels (as per the normal rules)"?

Just some ideas. Any feedback will be appreciated meeple

My first thought is it really screws with Raschid, or makes him uber powerful, depending upon how you want to handle it.

Does he buy a die and then he can revise it at will? Makes it great for him to snatch up one someone uses, and make it work for him.

If he can't, then that nerfs one of the main reasons to use Raschid -- the constant flow of 6's (or whatever) from black dice.

I think there is some benefit, I could see, to knowing what you are getting when you buy a black die. It would be less random. I'm just not sold on this variant necessarily solving any problems...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Oakley
United States
Brandon
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hestiansun wrote:
My first thought is it really screws with Raschid, or makes him uber powerful, depending upon how you want to handle it.

Does he buy a die and then he can revise it at will? Makes it great for him to snatch up one someone uses, and make it work for him.

If he can't, then that nerfs one of the main reasons to use Raschid -- the constant flow of 6's (or whatever) from black dice.

I'm a little concerned I might have been playing the black dice incorrectly (need to check the rules). You make it sound as if you can purchase a black die that someone else has used already that round. My understanding of the rules is that each black die can only be used once per round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Leitner
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't understand the purpose of your suggestion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Joakley815 wrote:
hestiansun wrote:

I'm a little concerned I might have been playing the black dice incorrectly (need to check the rules). You make it sound as if you can purchase a black die that someone else has used already that round. My understanding of the rules is that each black die can only be used once per round.

Sorry, my bad. I meant to say, "snatch up one someone else NEEDS".

Somehow typed the wrong word. Totally not my meaning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.