Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Santi Velasco
Spain
San Juan de Aznalfarache
Seville
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, does anyone know of any fancy app to make custom character cards for SOBH? We could always use pen and paper, but I think it would be neat to have custom cards with nice artwork, pictures and stats.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Taylor
United States
Venice
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
srcabeza wrote:
Hi, does anyone know of any fancy app to make custom character cards for SOBH? We could always use pen and paper, but I think it would be neat to have custom cards with nice artwork, pictures and stats.

Magic Set Editor

I have some templates for them - remind me and I'll put them up here:
SBH Files

There is already one here MTG SBH Template but I think mine are better!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Santi Velasco
Spain
San Juan de Aznalfarache
Seville
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot! Yes, please upload those templates if you don't mind. Do you have any pictures to see the final result?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Taylor
United States
Venice
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
srcabeza wrote:
Thanks a lot! Yes, please upload those templates if you don't mind. Do you have any pictures to see the final result?

Yes, but they are in the Conversations in the Yahoo Group - which no longer has a search feature...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian M
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ive been wanting a way to easily make Sentinels of the Multiverse cards kind of by template and importing artwork. I'm not well versed in Photoshop or similar programs (though if that's the route I have to take, I have Gimp). Would this Magic Editor do that well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Taylor
United States
Venice
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Deltron Zed wrote:
Ive been wanting a way to easily make Sentinels of the Multiverse cards kind of by template and importing artwork. I'm not well versed in Photoshop or similar programs (though if that's the route I have to take, I have Gimp). Would this Magic Editor do that well?

The short answer is: No.

Magic Editor makes cards based on Template files. It doesn't actually make the Template File itself - which determines how the card looks and where the data elements on the card are put.

I've tried to learn how to do it myself, but the people who claim to know how have all been a-holes that have either flaked on me or just pointed me to some useless illiterately written how-tos.

So learning how to make a template file is definitely NOT the easy way.

If you're lucky someone will have already made a template file for a particular game, but since the web site is so lousily maintained, good luck finding it.

Believe me, I wish there were an easier way....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Taylor
United States
Venice
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
srcabeza wrote:

Sorry this took so long! These files are really big!

They are the "sobah" files in this folder:

https://beta.groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/songofblades/files/...

Here are some examples of how the final cards look:
http://www.artscow.com/gallery/playing-cards/song-of-battle-...

http://www.artscow.com/gallery/playing-cards/fistful-of-kung...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.