$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
47.2% of Goal | left

Support:

Ray PG
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmb
Is there? Some treasure specifically says it's a hero item

Do I always assign a treasure to a hero as well?

What happens with both if the hero dies?

What if my hero carrying items is exhausted, my city gets attacked by another player, can I still use a treasure card (like a potion which decreases damage) - my guess was no, but my hero was carrying 5 items, so it felt a bit of a waste..

Thx
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Taylor
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hero items are the only treasures that are assigned to heroes.

Treasures like the Endurance Potion are not assigned to heroes and can be used without having a hero. Place those treasures face-up in your play area.

If a hero carrying a hero item dies, you must assign that hero item to another hero of your choice (it doesn't have to be one of your heroes).

In your example, you could have used the potion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray PG
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmb
anarchy wrote:
Hero items are the only treasures that are assigned to heroes.

Treasures like the Endurance Potion are not assigned to heroes and can be used without having a hero. Place those treasures face-up in your play area.

If a hero carrying a hero item dies, you must assign that hero item to another hero of your choice (it doesn't have to be one of your heroes).

In your example, you could have used the potion.

You are up early (or late) laugh
Did I completely miss this in the manual?

BTW I assume the same applies when your hero dies and you don't have any heroes, the item goes to another player? What if in solo, do you discard it?

Anyway thx so much!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Taylor
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Up late, yes... ^_^

Hero items are covered on page 15. Non-hero item treasures could have been handled more clearly.

Correct, when a hero dies and you don't have another hero, the hero items go to another player. If there are no other heroes, the hero items are discarded (page 15). That rule still applies to solo games, so if your last hero is killed, all the hero items are automatically discarded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.