Daniel Isom
United States
Smyrna
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I was going to use the title First Day of Autumn but that doesn't lend itself to a bunch of copycat topics...anyway what are your favorite things about the best season of the year?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Cooler weather.

Changing leaves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Sheaffer
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Still going to be 94 degrees today in Fort Worth, though it is supposed to cool off some next week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary: Those who do, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd go with "pie", too.

Fall is my favorite season. I don't have to mow the lawn every week (or twice a week, in summer sometimes) and there's no snow to shovel.
Generally there is less rain (here) and temperatures are nice without being too hot or humid.
Best time to hike in the mountains, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Ku
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Lola Cat 2010-2014
mbmbmb
Fall weather is nice, but damn, the leaves...

I have a small backyard but three huge trees. I rake the leaves. I bag the leaves. There are so many bags every year. Then my back hurts. My arms hurt. My hands hurt. So many leaves.

Somebody shoot me now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hathorn
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
futhee wrote:

I have a small backyard but three huge trees. I rake the leaves. I bag the leaves. There are so many bags every year. Then my back hurts. My arms hurt. My hands hurt. So many leaves.

Somebody shoot me now.

I have a huge pecan tree in my front yard which sheds its leaves late summer/early fall. So many leaves. I rake them. I bag them. My back hurts. My arms hurt. My hands hurt.

Then my neighbor's huge oak looses its leaves mid to late Fall. All over my lawn. So many leaves. I rake them. I bag them. My back hurts. My arms hurt. My hands hurt. Again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Isom
United States
Smyrna
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyOffice wrote:

I have a huge pecan tree in my front yard which sheds its leaves late summer/early fall. So many leaves. I rake them. I bag them. My back hurts. My arms hurt. My hands hurt.

Then my neighbor's huge oak looses its leaves mid to late Fall. All over my lawn. So many leaves. I rake them. I bag them. My back hurts. My arms hurt. My hands hurt. Again.

Do you get to collects tons of pecans every year? That'd almost make it worth the raking, bagging, and overall physical pain. Almost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hathorn
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
disom wrote:
JohnnyOffice wrote:

Do you get to collects tons of pecans every year? That'd almost make it worth the raking, bagging, and overall physical pain. Almost.

What the squirrels don't eat and drop sharp broken shells in my grass from? Yes, I do get pecans every year. And they are pretty tasty. Course, I have to shell them. That hurts my teeth
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
futhee wrote:

Somebody shoot me now.
Leaves are no problem. It's shoveling snow in winter that kills me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
10/₆
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
"Sometimes, the dark side overcomes what Lincoln called the better angels of our nature"
mb
I always love the first day of Second Summersees here in Austin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thunkd wrote:
futhee wrote:

Somebody shoot me now.

Or in October...*flashback to Snowtober 2011*

That's our neighbor's house and trees. Luckily for us, all the trees on our property had been taken down by either us (one in the backyard that was slowly dying and had shaded our garden too much anyway) or by the city (tree belt tree that half came down on our property after a microburst type thing so they took down the rest. Now the neighbor's trees are no more after the city removed them during sewer separation work.

For me, the best part of fall is freshly picked apples that are still so crunchy that it feels like they're going to break your teeth. Storage apples get so soft and meh that I generally only like to eat apples during the fall and maybe a few months into winter.

Ooh...and the smell of woodsmoke. There are a few people in my area who heat with woodstoves, so when the cooler weather starts, there's always that lovely smell in the air.

*notes that it's still 85 degrees outside today*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
CallieMo wrote:
Thunkd wrote:
futhee wrote:

Somebody shoot me now.

That's our neighbor's house and trees. Luckily for us, all the trees on our property had been taken down by either us (one in the backyard that was slowly dying and had shaded our garden too much anyway) or by the city (tree belt tree that half came down on our property after a microburst type thing so they took down the rest. Now the neighbor's trees are no more after the city removed them during sewer separation work.

For me, the best part of fall is freshly picked apples that are still so crunchy that it feels like they're going to break your teeth. Storage apples get so soft and meh that I generally only like to eat apples during the fall and maybe a few months into winter.

Ooh...and the smell of woodsmoke. There are a few people in my area who heat with woodstoves, so when the cooler weather starts, there's always that lovely smell in the air.

I went hiking that day. It was like the entire world went calico. The leaves held so much snow that when they gave out, it was like the trees were throwing snowballs at us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One of my favorite photos I took that day:

There were my poor roses still cranking out blooms like crazy and here comes a rogue snow/ice storm that coats the roses in ice and drags them down into the snow on the ground. Such an odd odd day...may we never have another like it anytime soon. I had friends and family who were without power for days. Not fun stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Based upon my poor understanding of history, science, and ethics...
United States
North Pole
Alaska
flag msg tools
Leaves are long since yellow and now about gone. Lows around freezing. Tomatoes died weeks ago.

Beautiful.

Lovin' life.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Bordeaux
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My favorite things about Fall are the cooler weather which in turn leads to me actually wanting to go and do stuff outdoors and drink hot drinks. Also, I am gray green color blind, so all the gray trees turning into bright vibrant beautiful colors for a week or two is really fun to see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So hot today here!! Fall can't get here soon enough!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary: Those who do, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
All is well now. Temporarily, at least...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tenpence nonthericher
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Apple Cider, hard Apple Cider (as in fermented), Hot Apple Cider
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mutton javelin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CallieMo wrote:
Thunkd wrote:
futhee wrote:

Somebody shoot me now.

Where are you in Mass,
that looks familiar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Western MA... near Springfield.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CallieMo wrote:
Hey, neighbor! I didn't realize you were quite so close.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thunkd wrote:
CallieMo wrote:
Hey, neighbor! I didn't realize you were quite so close.

*gives secret 413 handshake*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mutton javelin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hmmmmm arrrharrrharrrh

thought it might be the 508 ninja

or even 978arrrh

ninjaarrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.