Hide
10 Posts

Pandemic: Reign of Cthulhu» Forums » General

Subject: Reign of Cthulhu figures painted part 1 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
kill ape
msg tools
I thought these figures looked awesome out of the box and it would be so much better when painted. I have never painted figures before, but gave it a try and it was fun. So I have painted the seven characters and two Shoggoths. I still have to do the cultists and the last Shoggoth. So here is the first part. I will post better pics when everything is finished.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
Good work! These look so good. I'm torn as I love the colour of the plastic they used for the cultists and shoggoths, but they do look so good painted. I particularly like the contrasting colours for the shoggoths. Working my way through Scythe atm but I might have to do these next.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kill ape
msg tools
Thank you Peter. I have never painted before and still have a lot to learn. But these figures were very small and pretty hard to paint. I was having a hard time getting the details right. I am gonna use green for the third Shoggoth and black and red for the cultists. Big ups tho the creators of this great game. Me and my friends love it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CK Lai
Malaysia
Subang Jaya
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! Never realised the shoggoths had multiple eyes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
killape wrote:
Thank you Peter. I have never painted before and still have a lot to learn. But these figures were very small and pretty hard to paint. I was having a hard time getting the details right. I am gonna use green for the third Shoggoth and black and red for the cultists. Big ups tho the creators of this great game. Me and my friends love it.

No worries, I'm pretty new to it as well! My top tips would be invest in decent 1, 0 and 000 brushes, and that washes and dry brushing make everything look professional.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will M (Grey Areas Gaming)
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good job! I love the Shoggoths - good idea to paint them different colours!

I have this game on order but I'll leave the figures alone - I love the strange teal coloured plastic of the cultists and Shoggoths.

(The only game I have found time to paint is my Dreadball teams.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Johnson
United Kingdom
Derby
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You have never painted miniatures before?
This is very good work. With practice you will be exceptional.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kill ape
msg tools
infectedeggs wrote:
You have never painted miniatures before?
This is very good work. With practice you will be exceptional.

Thank you for your kind words.
No, I have never painted before. I always wanted to. I was always intrigued by those warhammer games and japanese robots.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Love the shoggoths.

Late post, but Reaper finally released their second Learn to Paint Kit, and are having an October promotion. FRPGames has the kits at a lower price, but no free shipping. Send me a PM if you want links to beginner painting tips!

http://www.reapermini.com/
http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/71105-learn-to-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Rolnik
msg tools

My wife and I took a crack at painting our first set of figures too! Here's a pic of our Pandemic: Reign of Cthulhu miniatures. We primed them with Krylon flat spray white primer and then used paints from Michael's with a little water. We're going to put a matte spray finish on tomorrow morning after they're fully dry.

It was super fun. We were inspired after playing the painted set at Game Haus in Glendale, CA.

Does anyone have advice on painting these tiny figure's eyes? We found it super challenging.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.