Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael West
Lithuania
Vilnius r.
-
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hello,

What happens when you have a 3 rank commerce card, but only 2 roads? What happens to the surplus? You just place two on one road and one on the other?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Peterson
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
schwartz!
badge
My hovercraft is full of eels!
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct, you can place multiple roads on one connection. Keep in mind that the cylinders represent roads. The "lines" between the locations are connections.

Rule (E4.7.3) wrote:
ECONOMIC. Take a number of cylinders equal to the played card’s Rank. These cylinders must match your Loyalty. You may place these Roads on any Connection adjacent to the Location card matching the played card’s Location. You may place multiple Roads on the same Connection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael West
Lithuania
Vilnius r.
-
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
thanks for the quick answer!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Peterson
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
schwartz!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad to help - by the way, the quote is from the living rules which the developer, Cole Wehrle, keeps updated - Pax Pamir Rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Lundin
msg tools
But why would you place multiple roads in one connection? What do you gain from doing that?

//Markus

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paweł Bedz
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sandwichman wrote:
But why would you place multiple roads in one connection? What do you gain from doing that?

//Markus

A little insurance agains military campaign? Having 3 roads on one connection will require at least 3-star military campaign to remove this road completly.

Or maybe other connections are too dangerous (enemy armies are there)

Or you do not want to help other players with the same loyalty as yours?

There may be many reasons to do it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Peterson
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
schwartz!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To have supremacy in a Economic Boom regime you will need more cylinders (roads) on connections than the other 2 empires combined. So you will more than likely need multiple cylinders on a connection to achieve this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Lundin
msg tools
MungSu wrote:
To have supremacy in a Economic Boom regime you will need more cylinders (roads) on connections than the other 2 empires combined. So you will more than likely need multiple cylinders on a connection to achieve this.

Ahh...of course. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip McCaughey
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another question re. commerce cards:

When taking the Commerce (Special Action) can you take rupees from any Market Card or is it Cards?

The rules state "any Market Cards" but the player board and a number of the player aids on BGG state "any Market Card".

So with a Rank 2 card can I take a single rupee from two individual cards in the market or must the commerce action be used on a single card and I lose out if it has only got one rupee on it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paweł Bedz
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You may take rupees from many different cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.