Mansions of Madness: Second Edition» Forums » News

Subject: New Scenarios Are Here! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob

Tennessee
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The two new scenarios are finally here. Just update your MoM2E app, make sure you've updated your collection info, and you're ready to go.

If you already own 1E expansions, you are fully operational. The only downside is for those (like me) who only own the Forbidden Alchemy expansion as it seems you must also have Call of the Wild to open up the second scenario. On the bright side, the scenarios themselves are free.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny Li
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Excited

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Amor, sola lex
mbmbmbmbmb
Saber72 wrote:
The two new scenarios are finally here. Just update your MoM2E app, make sure you've updated your collection info, and you're ready to go.

If you already own 1E expansions, you are fully operational. The only downside is for those (like me) who only own the Forbidden Alchemy expansion as it seems you must also have Call of the Wild to open up the second scenario. On the bright side, the scenarios themselves are free.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1641897/steam-just-updated-...

(saying to avoid duplicate threads / duplicate discussions)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Sutphen
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Saber72 wrote:

I'm in the same boat. Wouldn't mind going in 50/50 with someone who already owns Mansions of Madness: Call of the Wild to split the cost & product.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Catron
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
I'm sure this has been answered somewhere I just didn't find it very clear on the FFG site.

I have 1st edition and NONE of the first edition expansions.

Do these 2nd edition expansion add anything for me?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marius Friedrichs
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mickcatron wrote:
I'm sure this has been answered somewhere I just didn't find it very clear on the FFG site.

Thanks

Your first edition base set is covered with the conversion kit.

So, you would only need the second expansion "Supressed Memories" as this contains all the monsters and investigators from the "Forbidden Alchemy" and "Call of the Wild" expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
mickcatron wrote:

Thanks

1) The app just received an update and now you can use your 1e core box material for a 5th scenario called "Dearly Departed". You'll find it in your app once it's updated to 1.1. Just make sure you tell the app you have 1e.

2) The second expansion from FFG is called "Suppressed Memories" and it contains tiles and monsters from Call of the Wild and Forbidden Alchemy.

Edit: ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Catron
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
So I don't need Recurring Nightmares?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marius Friedrichs
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mickcatron wrote:
So I don't need Recurring Nightmares?

That's correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Catron
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Has anyone played through the new scenarios yet? Me and some friends played through Dearly Departed and had a blast with it. I'll cover my overall thoughts in spoiler text.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
I think it was fairly obvious from the outset that this scenario would involve zombies. During our play through, the game dropped a ridiculous amount of weapons around the yard (shovel, pickaxe, 2x4, crowbar) and we started with a few weapons as well. And they were pretty necessary. I'd say this scenario is the most combat heavy of all of them. There's a pretty constant stream of enemies and the amount of them really ramps up by the end.

I also really enjoyed how this scenario makes barricades not only useful, but almost mandatory. It was the first time that I've actually felt the need to barricade every door. The map layout was really cool too where you have a central chapel and zombies coming from all sides of the maps, making the game feel like a Tower Defense (Which I dig). Not sure how much the layout will change, but I feel this is one of the maps that'll be fine if it doesn't have much variation. I liked that there were multiple entrances/doors and avenues for attack.

There was also a new puzzle theme, where you're trying to connect the wires of a machine. It still functions as the picture shuffle puzzle that we've seen before, but was a cool twist on it (and much harder, in my opinion).

Overall, fun scenario, though I don't think it's really a 5-star difficulty unless you bring characters that aren't combat oriented.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Amor, sola lex
mbmbmbmbmb
BreadRising wrote:
Has anyone played through the new scenarios yet? Me and some friends played through Dearly Departed and had a blast with it. I'll cover my overall thoughts in spoiler text.

I think it was fairly obvious from the outset that this scenario would involve zombies. During our play through, the game dropped a ridiculous amount of weapons around the yard (shovel, pickaxe, 2x4, crowbar) and we started with a few weapons as well. And they were pretty necessary. I'd say this scenario is the most combat heavy of all of them. There's a pretty constant stream of enemies and the amount of them really ramps up by the end.

I also really enjoyed how this scenario makes barricades not only useful, but almost mandatory. It was the first time that I've actually felt the need to barricade every door. The map layout was really cool too where you have a central chapel and zombies coming from all sides of the maps, making the game feel like a Tower Defense (Which I dig). Not sure how much the layout will change, but I feel this is one of the maps that'll be fine if it doesn't have much variation. I liked that there were multiple entrances/doors and avenues for attack.

There was also a new puzzle theme, where you're trying to connect the wires of a machine. It still functions as the picture shuffle puzzle that we've seen before, but was a cool twist on it (and much harder, in my opinion).

Overall, fun scenario, though I don't think it's really a 5-star difficulty unless you bring characters that aren't combat oriented.

Aye, played it several times (odd, right? ). Some comments to your post in spoilers

In this scenario is pretty easy for the party to split. If it happens that you send a single investigator on the Graveyard site, which is the place where the most zombies appear, it could happen that that investigator could be endangered by the monsters. Also, there are a few bad things happening if you're not too quick. So, according to the strategy you adopt, the challenge level of the scenario can be swingy. Barricades clearly help, but they could also add problems or force you to waste actions. And there are squirrels, very dangerous, on the outside
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
Forget the zombies - the squirrels are the real threat!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.