$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 124.83

7,443 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
46.9% of Goal | left

Support:

Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

His policies are scary enough that if you live in a swing state, you should consider voting Clinton, painful though it may be. And no, she's not "coming for you guns" any more than Obama did in 8 years.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/21/politics/donald-trump-stop-and...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
flamespeak wrote:
If you are a Libertarian, why in the hell would you vote for either of them when you have a Libertarian candidate on the ballot?

More to the point, if you know both choices are garbage, how can you, in good conscious, advocate one over the other when there are other choices?

Christ, it's stuff like this that absolutely ensures nothing will change in the US political climate.


Because if your candidate has no hope, and one choice is 90% antithetical to your beliefs, but the other is 100%, I would take what you can get.

I think we're ALL holding our nose this election, so don't act like the Libertarian dilemma is special.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
flamespeak wrote:
If you are a Libertarian, why in the hell would you vote for either of them when you have a Libertarian candidate on the ballot?

More to the point, if you know both choices are garbage, how can you, in good conscious, advocate one over the other when there are other choices?

Christ, it's stuff like this that absolutely ensures nothing will change in the US political climate.
Is there one, I thought everyone was a Democrat?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
flamespeak wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
flamespeak wrote:
If you are a Libertarian, why in the hell would you vote for either of them when you have a Libertarian candidate on the ballot?

More to the point, if you know both choices are garbage, how can you, in good conscious, advocate one over the other when there are other choices?

Christ, it's stuff like this that absolutely ensures nothing will change in the US political climate.
Is there one, I thought everyone was a Democrat?


You are confusing me for someone else.



Possibly, but in many ways he is far from being a libertarian.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
flamespeak wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
flamespeak wrote:
If you are a Libertarian, why in the hell would you vote for either of them when you have a Libertarian candidate on the ballot?

More to the point, if you know both choices are garbage, how can you, in good conscious, advocate one over the other when there are other choices?

Christ, it's stuff like this that absolutely ensures nothing will change in the US political climate.
Is there one, I thought everyone was a Democrat?


You are confusing me for someone else.

Quote:
Because if your candidate has no hope, and one choice is 90% antithetical to your beliefs, but the other is 100%, I would take what you can get.

I think we're ALL holding our nose this election, so don't act like the Libertarian dilemma is special.


You are the one promoting electing an official that by your own admission is terrible. Voting for the lesser of two evils is still voting evil.



Why is the lesser of two evils a bad option? Would I rather drink a glass of spoiled milk or anthrax? (spoiler alert: I'd go with the spoiled milk)

To throw Johnson into the analogy, would I rather drink a glass of Romulan ale, spoiled milk, or anthrax? (spoiler alert: I'd still go with the spoiled milk because the first option doesn't exist)
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Rowls
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
flamespeak wrote:


The big difference here is that the Romulan Ale fucking exists, man.


Not as a viable option, it doesn't. So it might as well be imaginary.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
flamespeak wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:
flamespeak wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
flamespeak wrote:
If you are a Libertarian, why in the hell would you vote for either of them when you have a Libertarian candidate on the ballot?

More to the point, if you know both choices are garbage, how can you, in good conscious, advocate one over the other when there are other choices?

Christ, it's stuff like this that absolutely ensures nothing will change in the US political climate.
Is there one, I thought everyone was a Democrat?


You are confusing me for someone else.

Quote:
Because if your candidate has no hope, and one choice is 90% antithetical to your beliefs, but the other is 100%, I would take what you can get.

I think we're ALL holding our nose this election, so don't act like the Libertarian dilemma is special.


You are the one promoting electing an official that by your own admission is terrible. Voting for the lesser of two evils is still voting evil.



Why is the lesser of two evils a bad option? Would I rather drink a glass of spoiled milk or anthrax? (spoiler alert: I'd go with the spoiled milk)

To throw Johnson into the analogy, would I rather drink a glass of Romulan ale, spoiled milk, or anthrax? (spoiler alert: I'd still go with the spoiled milk because the first option doesn't exist)


The big difference here is that the Romulan Ale fucking exists, man.

There IS someone to pick outside of the two you hate and you simply aren't picking them because you, yes YOU personally, and ALL WHO THINK LIKE YOU, are brainwashed idiots.

When you have the bulk of the nation hating both Hillary and Trump as a choice and nobody is considering voting for someone else entirely, that is how you know the brainwashing is working.


It is actually a choice to make sure a man who is a lying religious bigot and who may very well prove to be an existential threat to the fabric of a nation does not get anywhere near the Oval Office.

Now unless you can show me those "thousands" dancing in the streets of New Jersey after 9/11, all your capital letters in the world will not make your argument less moronic
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I made a promise on the grave of my parents...
badge
...that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. "
mbmbmbmbmb
Shampoo4you wrote:
flamespeak wrote:


The big difference here is that the Romulan Ale fucking exists, man.


Not as a viable option, it doesn't. So it might as well be imaginary.


Since Hillary has no chance of winning Texas, you might as well vote for Trump. Otherwise you're throwing your vote away, just as much as I'm throwing my vote away when I vote for Johnson.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Dispaminite wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:
flamespeak wrote:


The big difference here is that the Romulan Ale fucking exists, man.


Not as a viable option, it doesn't. So it might as well be imaginary.


Since Hillary has no chance of winning Texas, you might as well vote for Trump. Otherwise you're throwing your vote away, just as much as I'm throwing my vote away when I vote for Johnson.


Yea, the electoral college sucks, which is why I might not vote for Hillary. But if my vote mattered, you bet I would.

That's also why I pointed out Libertarians IN SWING STATES in particular. I'm not saying a Libertarian in Wyoming shouldn't vote for Johnson, because much like me, their vote doesn't matter.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I made a promise on the grave of my parents...
badge
...that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. "
mbmbmbmbmb
Shampoo4you wrote:
Dispaminite wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:
flamespeak wrote:


The big difference here is that the Romulan Ale fucking exists, man.


Not as a viable option, it doesn't. So it might as well be imaginary.


Since Hillary has no chance of winning Texas, you might as well vote for Trump. Otherwise you're throwing your vote away, just as much as I'm throwing my vote away when I vote for Johnson.


Yea, the electoral college sucks, which is why I might not vote for Hillary. But if my vote mattered, you bet I would.

That's also why I pointed out Libertarians IN SWING STATES in particular. I'm not saying a Libertarian in Wyoming shouldn't vote for Johnson, because much like me, their vote doesn't matter.


I have considered Clinton. I'm not voting for her, and I live in a swing state. I'm not giving my vote to either party until they stop putting up shitty candidates. If we continually hold our noses and vote for the "lesser of two evils" then there's is no reason for either party to give us good candidates. Do we still "have to vote Dem or Rep" if they put up Don King vs Dennis Rodman.

If "winning parties" want my vote, then they need to earn it. I reject the premise that I have to vote for Hillary Clinton because you and others find her more palatable that Donald Trump.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shampoo4you wrote:
flamespeak wrote:


The big difference here is that the Romulan Ale fucking exists, man.


Not as a viable option, it doesn't. So it might as well be imaginary.


But if nobody ever votes for the best option, just the practical option, then when does the best option actually become a possibility? It never does. It just becomes a self-feeding loop of "least evil" with "best" never having a shot. I am sorry, but I have to vote my conscience on this one. Especially since Johnson has a chance of carrying Utah and keeping either of these dangers from getting some claim to legitimacy.

This election is lost. I am voting for future elections.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Keiser

Waunakee
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dispaminite wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:
Dispaminite wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:
flamespeak wrote:


The big difference here is that the Romulan Ale fucking exists, man.


Not as a viable option, it doesn't. So it might as well be imaginary.


Since Hillary has no chance of winning Texas, you might as well vote for Trump. Otherwise you're throwing your vote away, just as much as I'm throwing my vote away when I vote for Johnson.


Yea, the electoral college sucks, which is why I might not vote for Hillary. But if my vote mattered, you bet I would.

That's also why I pointed out Libertarians IN SWING STATES in particular. I'm not saying a Libertarian in Wyoming shouldn't vote for Johnson, because much like me, their vote doesn't matter.


I have considered Clinton. I'm not voting for her, and I live in a swing state. I'm not giving my vote to either party until they stop putting up shitty candidates. If we continually hold our noses and vote for the "lesser of two evils" then there's is no reason for either party to give us good candidates. Do we still "have to vote Dem or Rep" if they put up Don King vs Dennis Rodman.

If "winning parties" want my vote, then they need to earn it. I reject the premise that I have to vote for Hillary Clinton because you and others find her more palatable that Donald Trump.


That's fair. And if Trump wins, you are OK with that?

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I made a promise on the grave of my parents...
badge
...that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. "
mbmbmbmbmb
darthhugo wrote:
Dispaminite wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:
Dispaminite wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:
flamespeak wrote:


The big difference here is that the Romulan Ale fucking exists, man.


Not as a viable option, it doesn't. So it might as well be imaginary.


Since Hillary has no chance of winning Texas, you might as well vote for Trump. Otherwise you're throwing your vote away, just as much as I'm throwing my vote away when I vote for Johnson.


Yea, the electoral college sucks, which is why I might not vote for Hillary. But if my vote mattered, you bet I would.

That's also why I pointed out Libertarians IN SWING STATES in particular. I'm not saying a Libertarian in Wyoming shouldn't vote for Johnson, because much like me, their vote doesn't matter.


I have considered Clinton. I'm not voting for her, and I live in a swing state. I'm not giving my vote to either party until they stop putting up shitty candidates. If we continually hold our noses and vote for the "lesser of two evils" then there's is no reason for either party to give us good candidates. Do we still "have to vote Dem or Rep" if they put up Don King vs Dennis Rodman.

If "winning parties" want my vote, then they need to earn it. I reject the premise that I have to vote for Hillary Clinton because you and others find her more palatable that Donald Trump.


That's fair. And if Trump wins, you are OK with that?


I'd probably be more annoyed at having to listen to people complain about it then I would be at him winning.

I'm already prepared for disappointment, regardless of the winner.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kumitedad wrote:
It is actually a choice to make sure a man who is a lying religious bigot and who may very well prove to be an existential threat to the fabric of a nation does not get anywhere near the Oval Office.

This is Trump level fear mongering. And it's more of a problem to this nation than a Trump presidency.

Even if he wanted to be a true existential threat the only way he could be is if our country suddenly had all methods of checks and balances evaporate. And the whole Supreme Court thing is overblown too. If people don't agree with a decision they'll find ways to game the system. Just look at Roe v. Wade.

Just because Trump is a worse choice doesn't mean Clinton isn't a bad choice. If your only argument is "our poop tastes better than their poop," you need own up to your party's problems and fix them.

(Oh, and I think Libertarian ideology is flawed and destructive to a free society. So don't take my post as an endorsement of Johnson.)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
Shampoo4you wrote:
…To throw Johnson into the analogy, would I rather drink a glass of Romulan ale, spoiled milk, or anthrax? (spoiler alert: I'd still go with the spoiled milk because the first option doesn't exist)

Wouldn't the first option be therefore to drink either nothing or something yu're pretending is Romulan ale?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
whac3 wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:
…To throw Johnson into the analogy, would I rather drink a glass of Romulan ale, spoiled milk, or anthrax? (spoiler alert: I'd still go with the spoiled milk because the first option doesn't exist)

Wouldn't the first option be therefore to drink either nothing or something yu're pretending is Romulan ale?


We're supposing that you have to choose one of the three, and that imaginary choices are not valid. Don't rules-lawyer my analogy please, you knew what I was getting at.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Dispaminite wrote:

If "winning parties" want my vote, then they need to earn it. I reject the premise that I have to vote for Hillary Clinton because you and others find her more palatable that Donald Trump.


Hillary won't start WWIII.

Hillary won't enact stop & frisk against law-abiding citizens.

Those are two huge, yuuuuuuuuuuuuge differences that a Libertarian (or anyone else) should be concerned with. What are the big issues Trump is better than her on?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shampoo4you wrote:
Hillary won't start WWIII.

Saying Trump will start WWIII is as silly as saying Mexican immigrants are rapists and Syrian refugees are terrorists.

While I think it's absurd to think it will happen, the US will start WWIII when the people of the US want to start WWIII. If Trump is president when that happens he will be a symptom of the problem, not the root cause. If you really think this is a problem, you need to start bridging gaps and building constructive relationships with your fellow Americans who are trying to start such a war.

Voting for Clinton will do very little because she does not have the skill, the trust, or the inherent capacity to bridge the political intransigence in this country. Because of that her platform, like Trump's or Johnson's, is practically meaningless.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
rayito2702 wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:
Hillary won't start WWIII.

Saying Trump will start WWIII is as silly as saying Mexican immigrants are rapists and Syrian refugees are terrorists.

While I think it's absurd to think it will happen, the US will start WWIII when the people of the US want to start WWIII. If Trump is president when that happens he will be a symptom of the problem, not the root cause. If you really think this is a problem, you need to start bridging gaps and building constructive relationships with your fellow Americans who are trying to start such a war.

Voting for Clinton will do very little because she does not have the skill, the trust, or the inherent capacity to bridge the political intransigence in this country. Because of that her platform, like Trump's or Johnson's, is practically meaningless.


No one knows what Trump will do on foreign policy, hence the thread certainly exists.

Nothing silly about worrying about it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One thing you can be sure of is Trump™ Embassies will have the highest paying slot machines of any casino.. er, I mean, embassy. This will create a HYUGE amount of good will all across the world towards Trump.. er, I mean, America.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
rayito2702 wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:
Hillary won't start WWIII.

Saying Trump will start WWIII is as silly as saying Mexican immigrants are rapists and Syrian refugees are terrorists.


Yet dozens of REPUBLICAN national security types (and just recently, dozens of former US ambassadors of both parties) have very publicly said that a Trump presidency could be a serious threat to US national security because crazy.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BJ
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
You are full of poisonous refuse and insane foolishness.
badge
I had not supposed or expected your arrogant spirit to seek such a ridiculous and childish reason for lying; you should have better reasons.
mbmbmbmbmb
Shampoo4you wrote:
rayito2702 wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:
Hillary won't start WWIII.

Saying Trump will start WWIII is as silly as saying Mexican immigrants are rapists and Syrian refugees are terrorists.

While I think it's absurd to think it will happen, the US will start WWIII when the people of the US want to start WWIII. If Trump is president when that happens he will be a symptom of the problem, not the root cause. If you really think this is a problem, you need to start bridging gaps and building constructive relationships with your fellow Americans who are trying to start such a war.

Voting for Clinton will do very little because she does not have the skill, the trust, or the inherent capacity to bridge the political intransigence in this country. Because of that her platform, like Trump's or Johnson's, is practically meaningless.


No one knows what Trump will do on foreign policy, hence the thread certainly exists.

Nothing silly about worrying about it.


We've seen what Hillary will do with foreign policy thanks to her time as SoS. She was an abject failure.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:
rayito2702 wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:
Hillary won't start WWIII.

Saying Trump will start WWIII is as silly as saying Mexican immigrants are rapists and Syrian refugees are terrorists.

While I think it's absurd to think it will happen, the US will start WWIII when the people of the US want to start WWIII. If Trump is president when that happens he will be a symptom of the problem, not the root cause. If you really think this is a problem, you need to start bridging gaps and building constructive relationships with your fellow Americans who are trying to start such a war.

Voting for Clinton will do very little because she does not have the skill, the trust, or the inherent capacity to bridge the political intransigence in this country. Because of that her platform, like Trump's or Johnson's, is practically meaningless.


No one knows what Trump will do on foreign policy, hence the thread certainly exists.

Nothing silly about worrying about it.


We've seen what Hillary will do with foreign policy thanks to her time as SoS. She was an abject failure.


She wasn't perfect, but who was better in recent memory?

And why are so many Bush insiders supporting her over Trump if she's so, so bad at foreign policy?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
Thanks for the rent-free space in your head. Would have been nice if you'd cleaned it up a bit before you rented it out, though.
badge
I control your mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
We've seen what Hillary will do with foreign policy thanks to her time as SoS. She was an abject failure.


I suppose it depends on what she was trying to do. If you think she was trying to protect American interests and do the job of America's first diplomat, then yeah, horrible failure. A failure with horrors.

But as far as enriching herself by selling State Department favors to the biggest foreign donors to the Clinton Foundation, I'd say she was incredibly successful.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.