flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
mbmbmbmbmbmbmbmbmbmbmbmbmbmbmbmbmbmbmb
Microbadge of the Month
August 2016
(The Year of the Microbadge)

The contest's winner will be awarded the prestigious mb, and will get any tips given to this thread. The winner will also be in the running for Best Microbadge of the Year.

E If you can, please tip when you vote! W

Please base your vote on the microbadge's image and/or mouseover quality (whatever that means to you), not on whether you like the depicted subject, are friends with the designer or any such thing. Thanks and choose... wisely.

Poll
In your opinion, which badge should be considered the Best Microbadge of the month? (presented in random order)
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
 Brewin' USA fan
12.2% 10
 Little red cottage
25.6% 21
 Rococo: Jewelry Box fan
17.1% 14
 The roof is on fire! (The roof, the roof, the roof is on fire!)
23.2% 19
 Space Planets fan
2.4% 2
 Rainbow fan
19.5% 16
Voters 82
This poll is now closed.   82 answers
Poll created by edbolme
Closes: Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:00 am

E If you would like to participate in the nomination process, or get notifications about recently approved microbadges, please subscribe to New Microbadges Available for Purchase (and other Microbadge Events) Subscription Thread

Previous Contests

2016 Monthly Winners

Jul. 1st mb (Thorin2001), 2nd mb (cinderbike), 3rd mb (garion)

Jun. 1st mb (cinderbike), 2nd mb (Schwartzkopf), 3rd mb (wildthayne)

May. 1st mb (Kaffedrake), 2nd mb (indigopotter), 3rd mb (cinderbike)

Apr. 1st mb (cinderbike), 2nd mb (ruazn2), 3rd mb (Menaveth)

Mar. 1st mb (3wgames), 2nd mb (Kattvippa), 3rd mb (postm)

Feb. 1st mb (garion), 2nd mb (garion) + mb (edbolme)

Jan. 1st mb (nunovix), 2nd mb (cinderbike), 3rd mb (edbolme)

Best Microbadge of the Year Winners

2015 1st mb (wildthayne), 2nd mb (Schwartzkopf), 3rd mb (Thorin2001)

2014 1st mb (delinear), 2nd mb (Thorin2001), 3rd mb (Schwartzkopf)

2013 1st mb (anomander64), 2nd mb (entwife), 3rd mb (garion)

2012 1st mb (zorro_jv), 2nd mb (garion), 3rd mb (garion)

2011 1st mb (luchau), 2nd mb (Stelio), 3rd mb (LanaDove)

2010 1st mb (garion), 2nd mb (ScottE), 3rd mb (xodroolis)

Contest Fine Print (note rule changes)

If a tie exists at the end of the voting period for the top position, the badge that had the greatest number of nominations will be declared the winner. If that is still tied, a run-off poll (to last a week) will decide the winner.

Ties for second or third place will use the same tiebreaker, but if they are still tied, a tie will be declared, and no run-off poll held.

Also, please remember that soliciting votes for badges, either publicly or privately, is not allowed. Please do not advertise one specific microbadge or designer; let votes fall where they may, honorably!

Any situation against the rules or not identified will be dealt with by the Microbadge of the Month committee (currently garion, wildthayne, zorro_jv, edbolme and Schwartzkopf). The committee's word is final, but they're all quite friendly and won't bite your hand off. At least, not unless provoked. Or very hungry. Or zombified.

• [+] Dice rolls
Robert the
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
I'm the weirdo who purchased overtext solely for the purpose of stating that Kaffedrake's overtext makes me feel melancholy.
mbmbmbmbmb
Tough decision.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
United States
Orange
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wildthayne wrote:
Tough decision.

These never fail to excite
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
United States
Orange
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats! Happy to see that the best badge win this month!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Category:Hostess fruit pie ads featuring
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
mbmb
Schwartzkopf wrote:

No u

I'm not sure what I was expecting but I didn't expect this particular outcome. The ring got hit hard by the curse of "most nominations doesn't win". Someone should collect data on that maybe.

Also if anyone in charge of approving microbadges is following this it would sure be nice if some microbadges could be approved today so we have something to vote on next month!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marion
msg tools
Just do it!
badge
Enjoy... LIFE!
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats Kaffe and Daniel
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert the
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
I'm the weirdo who purchased overtext solely for the purpose of stating that Kaffedrake's overtext makes me feel melancholy.
mbmbmbmbmb
Woot!

Congratulations, Per!

Congratulations, Daniel!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert the
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaffedrake wrote:
... it would sure be nice if some microbadges could be approved today so we have something to vote on next month!

Ha! It's all part of my evil... wait, I said that last month. I still don't have a working computer. Never mind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Arctica' Gary
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaffedrake wrote:
[q="Schwartzkopf"]

Also if anyone in charge of approving microbadges is following this it would sure be nice if some microbadges could be approved today so we have something to vote on next month!

There were a slew of badges approved earlier in the month, thankfully
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
United States
Orange
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah but none of mine!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
United States
Orange
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaffedrake wrote:
Schwartzkopf wrote:

No u

I'm not sure what I was expecting but I didn't expect this particular outcome. The ring got hit hard by the curse of "most nominations doesn't win". Someone should collect data on that maybe.

Pretty sure I called this one in a geekmail to you a while back

Also, it was hit with the "curse of the game badge" more than anything. Game badges just don't win, no matter how awesome they look. Gimmick badges are where it's at.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
mbmb
Schwartzkopf wrote:
Yeah but none of mine!

Exactly what I was thinking...

Schwartzkopf wrote:
Pretty sure I called this one in a geekmail to you a while back

Yeah in the secret microminati deliberations where we draw up the results of the polls for the next quarter and that we're not supposed to talk about

Schwartzkopf wrote:
Also, it was hit with the "curse of the game badge" more than anything. Game badges just don't win, no matter how awesome they look. Gimmick badges are where it's at.

Don't forget the slanted food badges though. Yet another thing someone should be doing stats on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Bolme
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Award badge inbound. Congrats!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
The badge was already dropped on me, no need to request it!

Now I'm anxiously awaiting the list of badges approved during September, if there's any truth to the stories from faraway ports that some such exist.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geert VG
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaffedrake wrote:
The badge was already dropped on me, no need to request it!

Now I'm anxiously awaiting the list of badges approved during September, if there's any truth to the stories from faraway ports that some such exist.

Not much here... Just a few special ones, so not eligible.
I'd still hate to skip a month though...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Arctica' Gary
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had 6 approved in september and they were not consecutively uploaded so there must be a slew of them out there, including microbadge #40,000

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus A.
Germany
Bochum
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats everyone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.