11 Posts

Macao» Forums » General

Subject: will this ever get a re-print? can't find one anywhere in the U.K. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steram Shaw
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi, Does anyone know if this game will ever get a reprint? I've been searching for months now. can't seem to find on anywhere. thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I seriously doubt it, mainly because it doesn't appeal to a broad enough range of people. Not for my lack of trying to get it out there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Smith
United States
Tavares
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Most folks lack the refined tastes of us Feldians that are required to fully appreciate such games. So reprints are always in doubt.

Gotta grab 'em while they're fresh!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
So what you're saying, Jimmy, is that most people suck? Yup, agreed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ozzy perez
United States
Hialeah
Fl
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
senorcoo wrote:
I seriously doubt it, mainly because it doesn't appeal to a broad enough range of people. Not for my lack of trying to get it out there.

Jack, I feel that maybe if you spoke more about the game, it would get a reprint. ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Or maybe less? They're probably not reprinting it to spite me! devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Pierce
Denmark
Aarhus
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This comment was made by Michael Mindes of TMG games back in May 2015. This was following their announcement of the Luna reprint. He was asked if more hard to find Feld reprints were in the works, and he says that his hope is to reprint them. However, Notre Dame and In the Year of the Dragon are higher up on his list than Macao.

I suppose it would depend on how well Luna sold for them and if they are still interested in getting these games out into more people’s hands.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stevieram wrote:
Hi, Does anyone know if this game will ever get a reprint? I've been searching for months now. can't seem to find on anywhere. thanks

10 days ago, someone from the UK listed one on the marketplace here at BGG. Admittedly it's pricey, but wouldn't hurt to ask if they're willing to sell it for less.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Raciborski
United States
Newport News
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bpierce72 wrote:
This comment was made by Michael Mindes of TMG games back in May 2015. This was following their announcement of the Luna reprint. He was asked if more hard to find Feld reprints were in the works, and he says that his hope is to reprint them. However, Notre Dame and In the Year of the Dragon are higher up on his list than Macao.

I suppose it would depend on how well Luna sold for them and if they are still interested in getting these games out into more people’s hands.

Just reading this, Norte Dame was still available a year ago, I purchased a new German copy for $38 USD from http://www.boardgamebliss.com/products/notre-dame-import?var....

It's language independent. Amazon had the expansion for $15 new, they had about 15 copies. Since sometime last year it looks now sold out. My guess given how long it took to sell out, it may not have as high as demand.

If they do reprint it, you listening TMG, please include that, I think it's 12, card expansion with the base game.

Wouldn't a Kickstarter project define the amount of interest for Feld's reprints?

So happy with that Luna reprint.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Currie
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
Dignity. Always dignity!
mbmbmbmbmb
And according to this article:

https://boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/59640/new-game-round-divi...

In the Year of the Dragon and Notre Dame are both getting reprints now courtesy of Ravensburger.

Maybe that means TMG can focus on getting Macao reprinted!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If they want to sponsor me to go to Essen, I'd be happy to teach and play it non-stop!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.