Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Quinn
United States
Bradley
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A friend and I are playing this and not seeing eye to eye on the LOS rules for Germantown. We both agree that series rules apply unless the exclusive rules counter them.

The standard series rules say:

11.42 BLOCKING TERRAIN:
The following hex types are
blocking terrain: forest, light forest, Meeting House and Town
(see exclusive rules for additional examples of blocking terrain).
In addition, any hex that contains combat units, whether friendly
or enemy, is blocking terrain. LOS can always be traced into
blocking terrain, but never through it (Exception: 11.43, case
C-Both units are ‘up slope’).

OK... blocking terrain is forest, light forest, meeting house and town.

The exclusive Germantown TEC chart only lists the forest and light forest as blocking terrain. Individual buildings specifically do not block it. There is no mention of town hexes or Meeting House hexes.

So, the questions: Do Meeting House hexes block LOS in Germantown? Does a meeting house block LOS even when it is a single building in the hex? Are "town hexes" and hex with multiple buildings the same thing? Why is a distinction made on the TEC between single buildings and multiple buildings if either both block or both do not block?

Is it just us, or could the LOS rules stand some improvement?

Thanks for reading and if you have an answer, double that "thanks"!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Phelps
United States
Canal Fulton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe "Meeting House" and "Town" are specific to Brandywine and inadvertently got left in the Series rules (Brandywine did not have separate Series rules and Exclusive rules). I would go by the TEC.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Quinn
United States
Bradley
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Asyncritus wrote:
I believe "Meeting House" and "Town" are specific to Brandywine and inadvertently got left in the Series rules (Brandywine did not have separate Series rules and Exclusive rules). I would go by the TEC.

Thanks, Timothy! That is what I think as well, but they are "living rules" online so I am wondering why that has not been addressed by removing what they had inadvertently left in.

But thanks again. That does seem to confirm that there may not be an "official" answer to my question.

Have some GG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.